Abilify (antidepressant)for Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by andreake, Jul 24, 2009.

1. andreake

andreake New Member

Hi all,
    I have suffered with fibromyalgia for over 10 years, and have tried too many things to write, but the list includes accupuncture and biofeedback as well as every vitamin herb drug etc. Somethings helped more than others, but still suffered.

At one point I was bed ridden for 3 years on morphine and literally seriously considered taking my life as drs said there was nothing they could do, and I thought "I cannot and do not want to live my life like this."

Anyway....I started taking Abilify after a miserable failure on Lyrica. I started taking the Abilify for depression, but to my surprise it has darn near cleared up all my symptoms of fibromyalgia including pain.

I am functioning like a normal person. I no longer need naps and can go a whole day doing normal activities. My tender points are gone and so is the pain I have been taking 400 mg of Tramadol for. (off of now) The only pain I have is some "burning" in my feet, which I feel may go away.

Also, in the past the two other things that have helped me is transfer factor and a hormone they sell on this site as Vitalaxin.

I hope you all will not give up on finding something that might help you. I know I have tried a million things and nothing has helped me like this Abilify, but I also know we are all different. So hang in there and don't give up hope! You may just stumble across something that will make a difference!
    [This Message was Edited on 07/25/2009]
    [This Message was Edited on 07/25/2009]
  2. cfsgeorge

cfsgeorge New Member

this sounds like a "miracle drug" for your FM. Maybe Abilify will be a FDA approved drug for FM in the near future.