abilify question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jmq, Feb 11, 2008.

1. jmq

jmq New Member

Hello my friends,

I have come to you before about my precious adopted 12 year old sad daughter. As you may recall, she has talked about suicide and is always either angry or sad. School work is taking a dive and she has no social life. She now tells me that see hears and sees dead people who tell her to do bad things. If she doesnt they threaten to hurt her or me or Dad.

So we went to the psychiatrist that she has been going to for ADHD for years and gave him the latest info. He is starting her on a low dose of Abilify and will increase the dose to 10mg by next week.

I was wondering if any of you have experiences with this medication. Researching it scares the you know what out of me. She is my baby and I dont want to screw her up worse...yet I cant let her get worse and have something worse happen.

Please pray for us and especially that God gives me the stregth to overcome my FM symptoms so I can help my daughter more.

jmq...sad mama
  2. jmq

jmq New Member

Thank you Linda.....I am sad for her and guilty as any mother would be that I cant protect her. I have already gone into her room 3 times to see if she is OK.

Your kind words touched me heart