ABNOMINAL PAIN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tes, Oct 31, 2002.

1. tes

tes New Member

I feel so overwhelmed with all these fms symptoms. Just wondering if anyone gets horrible abnominal pain around the belly button area. It's not sharp in nature but rather a feeling of severe cramping. I don't know what to do. My doctor thinks it could be ibs. I don't get diarrhea, however, I do have alot of gas and constipation. The pain also hits my lower back. If anyone feels what I have any help would be appreciated. I don't get nauseous though. Is it normal for this pain to last for days?

Gentle Hugs,
    Tes
  2. tes

tes New Member

I feel so overwhelmed with all these fms symptoms. Just wondering if anyone gets horrible abnominal pain around the belly button area. It's not sharp in nature but rather a feeling of severe cramping. I don't know what to do. My doctor thinks it could be ibs. I don't get diarrhea, however, I do have alot of gas and constipation. The pain also hits my lower back. If anyone feels what I have any help would be appreciated. I don't get nauseous though. Is it normal for this pain to last for days?

Gentle Hugs,
    Tes
  3. pamela

pamela New Member

My ab. pain started about 9 months after my near fatal wreck. What you just described is me. Pain around the belly button and also it moves around. Like it gets on each side, either one side at a time or both together. I have been constipated most of my life. I take Milk Of Magnesia every night w/ a full glass of water. I've been scoped and tried many, many types of laxatives and that is the only thing I can take now. I use to take Perdium, but they say the Senna is bad. I also take Zantac 150 mg.s a day each morning because that is what stopped all that nagging pain in my ab. area. When I get off of it it all comes back in two days. I would say go to a Dr. and get scoped if you want, and try the M.O.M. for constipation. Also try the Zantac or if you can take Pepsid AC or something along that line. I know it's for heartburn but it stopped all that wierd feeling in my ab area. And back to the M.O.M. don't get the mint kind get the regular flavor. The mint doesn't set well in the ab area. Also take it only after 4-5 hrs. of eating, don't take it to close after you eat. When I use to get the cramping I noticed it also was like tingling or buzzing too. It changes alot. Hope this helps!!! Hugs...Pamela
  4. SaraD

SaraD New Member

For almost a month now, right in the stomach right in the middle of where your ribs stop. I thought I had food poisining or something worse. I always tend to think the worst. Well, they said it's gastritis maybe and tried me on zantac, tagemet none of which worked and now I am giving prevacid a try. It's not acid reflux I don't think though, it's not coming up into my throat. I have no appetite what so ever and have many times a day where I all of a sudden have like a hot flash and I am going to vomit. They said, if it doesn't get better in a month that I should get scoped too. And it may be an ulcer, which I don't understand how one get's that or get's rid of that.??? Thanks for posting.
    Sarad
  5. JP

JP New Member

Boy, I can't find one spot on my body that doesn’t hurt. I have had widespread pain all of my life. I thought everyone had it! If I complained as a child I would hear that it's growing pains. I learned to keep all this stuff to myself and brushed it off as nothing, it was normal. I can't brush it off anymore...its got me by the tail these days.

Anyway, it could be so many things with the abdomen. I think some of my pain (in your same location) is adhesions. I have a friend who injected my navel and many other areas of my body with lidocane and some other substance (she's a doc!). It was a wild experience. I could feel the substance move through my scar tissue. It was a pretty freeing experience too. I think the navel area was the most intense injection. It felt like I had spider webs growing inside. The injections are supposed to soften the tissue. I have also had a lot of bodywork to brake up the scar tissue. I can't tolerate the bodywork anymore :(

Anyway, point being, that your pain could be so many things. It's hard to know and it is usually a best guess effort if docs are unable to determine it through tests, labs and you know the rest...

I hope it passes.
    Be well, Jan