About a man named John on Phoenix Rising

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by teller7, Dec 19, 2009.

1. teller7

teller7 New Member

Does anyone know anything about a man named John on Phoenix Rising? A friend of mine is trying medicine recommended for B-12 deficiency I believe. Has anyone tried it and has it helped? I would like to hear from him and see what he used to get well. And I would like to ask him how many people actually got well taking these meds. If anyone has any information about this I would greatly appreciate the input. Thanks
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Like aussiewoman, I've been doing B12 shots for a couple of years without noticeable results, but keep doing it because my B12 levels have been so low.

However, the form of B12 in the shots I've been doing is hydroxocobalamin. I've read a few places that people with CFS do better wtih methylcobalamin. Several months ago I started taking a sublingual B12, 5,000 mcg. of methylcobalamin a day in addition to the hydroxocobalamin shots, and my latest test showed that my B12 levels had finally risen a little, actually just below the normal range. I don't feel much different, although my crashes are getting lighter. I've also been doing the methylation protocol and assumed that's what made the difference.

I'm going to be switching my shots to the methylcobalamin form in a week or 2, and see what that does.

I just read about the Biochem which Rainbow is taking, and that is methylcobalamin also, so maybe that is why she's getting good results with it. I think the cyanocobalamin is the least effective form.

aussiewoman, you should see what type of B12 you were injecting as that can make a big difference.

3. dmholmes

dmholmes New Member

Haven't seen any medicine recommended, but there is a lengthy thread regarding B12 supplementation at Phoenix Rising (http://forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?t=188). I've been on this active B12 protocol for about 3 months, it has reduced or eliminated almost all my symptoms. The basis for it is the long-running discussion taking place at http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=9948&page=1139.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/19/2009]