? about costochondritis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sharie, May 5, 2003.

1. sharie

sharie New Member

Can somebody please tell me if you would have an elevated sed rate with costochondritis?

I have terrible pain in my Sternum and under my left lower most rib. I had a normal sed rate 2 months ago and I am seeing my dr. this week. Just curious how they know if it is the fibro or costochondritis.

thanks,
    Sharie
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

An elevated sedrate is indicitive of inflammation, which I do not think should happen with Costo Chondritis, since it is only localized, not systemic.
    The area under your very bottom left rib is occupied by your spleen,which could be inflammed if you are fighting a bad infection.
    I would go back to the doctor and insist on an investigation of the high sed rate. If he/she won't do it, get another doctor.
    Klutzo
  3. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I get or (have)costo chondritis all the time and for years and this has not affected my SED rate. The blood test is within normal limits even though I hurt.
    I find weather affects me alot, almost thinking that costo is like arthritis, and unless it's RA I don't think it will elevate your SED rate.
    Tania
  4. sharie

sharie New Member

I was also wondering if this costo, can affect your collarbone. So many places hurt and I'm just not sure what is connected. Thanks again.

Sharie