?ABOUT EBV HELP MY CONFUSION PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrorebel, Apr 12, 2003.

1. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

Years ago I had Mononucleosis and was informed that it was linked to EBV, also told you never "get over" the virus just the symptoms subside. Now, 20 yrs. later I find myself with Fibro.. Dr. hasn't done testing that I'm hearing about on this board, so I am feeling a bit lost.
    Can anyone tell me what tests I should be having? Is there any real dangers that are common that I should know of?
    I believe my Dr. has not really done much for me because I don't have insurance, but I am concerned as to what may happen that I don't have good basic awareness of.
    I sure hope I am making sense here...the fog is soooo thick.

love, Rebel
  2. Bambi

Bambi New Member

my mother in law was diagnosed with Lymphoma just day before yesterday. In researching it
    I found a site that said some people who get
    the Lymphoma have been exposed to someone with
    EBV. My sister in law was diagnosed with EBV
    several years ago and was 98% bedbound with it
    for nearly a year. She now has FM. I found this
    information more than scarey.
    Hugs, Bambi
  3. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

I really appreciate your responses, I have been reading all these posts lately in regards to underlying problems and have become interested in all of it. Up until this past year
    I have been on a pattern of remission/flare/remission/flare and after a major situation last September I haven't had any kind of relief. In fact, up until this year I was able to deal with the pain and other symptoms, without having to take any meds. Those days seem to be gone now. I just want to find out all I can so that I can take as good care of myself as possible. Have spent hours on this board lately trying to sponge up all I can, tricky with the Fog- but not impossible! :)

love Rebel
  4. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

FOR YOUR ENCOURAGING WORDS, I TRY TO KEEP FOCUSSED ON THE
    REALITY OF BREAKING 'THE CYCLE' i HAVE BEEN ON. i AM WONDERING IF THOSE OF US WITH OTHER COEXISTING DISEASES ARE COMING UP WITH THEM BECAUSE WE ARE PRIME TARGETS (W/AUTOIMMUNE COMPROMISED) OR IF THE MEDICATION WE TAKE TO TOLERATE THE SYMPTOMS ARE THE CULPRIT, MAYBE BOTH, EH?

LOVE, REBEL
  5. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

....IS DEFINITELY ALL WE NEED,GOOD DAYS AND BAD.MY BACKGROUND IS SIMILAR TO YOURS, I DON'T REMEMBER EVER WAKING UP FEELING GOOD. I BLAMED IT ON THE SCOLIOSIS ONCE I FOUND OUT I HAD IT. I JUST FOUND OUT THIS YEAR THAT I WAS ALWAYS SICK WITH SOMETHING. AT ANY RATE THIS BOARD IS A GODSEND, AND I SO APPRECIATE EVERYONE HERE. IT IS SO HARD SOMETIMES TO HAVE THE ENERGY TO READ THRU ALL THE POSTS AND COME UP WITH A RESPONSE THAT MAKES A RESONABLE AMOUNT OF SENSE...YET IT IS SOOOOOOOOOO WORTH IT! I LOVE THE WAY WE ALL CAN LAUGH WITH ONE ANOTHER, BE APPRECIATED EVEN WHEN WE ARE GROUCHY AND MISERABLE.

LOOKING FORWARD TO A NEW WEEK AND WHATEVER IT MAY BRING

LOVE REBEL