? about intermitten FMLA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Zzzsharn, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

I just searched the subject FMLA- I have a dr's appt on Thurs and am going to discuss going on intermitten FMLA, to lessen the likelyhood of getting fired for missing time at work due to FM.

I called the Human Resources Dept where I work. I was told that I need a note requesting FMLA leave -THEN I would be given the papers for the doctor to fill out. Does that sound a little backwards to everyone? I thought I'd take the papers for her to fill out with me to my appt. But, apparently I'm wrong..

Also, suggestions from anyone who has dealt with the intermitten leave as to wording the doctor should use. I would like to make this as hassel free for my doc, as she has been wonderful to me.

Thanks in advance!
    Sharon
  2. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

That, to me, makes a lot more sense-

More hoops to jump through, I guess.

S
  3. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

I currently am on intermittnet family leave at my work. Have the doctor be very specific about the times that you would be excused from work. For example because of doctor's appointments for physical therapy for MRI's for blood work etc, etc, etc. Also tell him to write that you will miss days just due to being wore out and in pain.
    I had mine filled out and need to have it done again in detail because the only thing I am excused for now is doctor's visits due to being ill. So I have to go to the doctor any time I am sick or in pain and call into work. This is really inconveant but I have to do it if I want to keep my job.
    Hope this helps.
    Good luck,

Christina
  4. Jessa34

Jessa34 New Member

My employer had to call the HR person at the corporate office, then I had to call that person, then papers were sent to me to give to the dr to fill out. In any notes that my boss needed to see she just wrote that I would be out "due to medical condition" but she filled out everything necessary for the FMLA paperwork. Since I was diagnosed she has told me to be careful what I tell my employer about my condition and she doesn't want to ever be very specific.

Other businesses may have other policies regarding who needs to get in touch with who. I would give someone in your HR department a call if that's possible.

Hope this helped a little.

Jess
  5. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

Thank you both-

I just pulled my pay stubs and made of list of all the days and times I came in late and left early or called off.

No big suprise, there seems to be a pattern. I'm hoping this makes it very easy for my doctor to see that my missing is really staggered-

Be well,
    Sharon
  6. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

I am in So. Fla. I understand it to be that after a 3 day abscence your employer is to send you the paperwork to be filled out by you and the physician.