? about muscle spasm

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lendi, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Lendi

Lendi New Member

Ok, I'm still trying to figure out the difference between the always there muscle/joint pain and a muscle spasm. Does a muscle spasm knot up, then ache for several hrs and leave the place really sore for several days? I usually just have sharp shooting pains that leave me achy or just continuous aches. But, I do get something, right under my ribs that comes on fast and feels tight, hurts like heck and is sore for several days afterwards. Is this a muscle spasm?
  2. Debbi

Debbi New Member

I use three terms for muscle problems - pain, spasm or tic and cramps - this is just my way of categorizing things so the doc can get it - my pain is almost constant and varies in location and strength - the 2nd is what I call tics - a constant muscle spasm that again, changes its' location and length of time - I find that these usually don't hurt as much but leave me very tired - the last cramps - these are muscles that knot up and leave you sore for days - that pain in your chest has a name, but I can't - at least right now - remember it - don't panic!!! we all have a variety of pains and aches and info is always helpful
    Deb
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It's like a Charlie Horse in the ribs. I got one last week at Yoga class. The hurt like the dickens.

Love, Mikie