About social security raise

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rene, Oct 19, 2002.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

First I was very thankful to get SS on the 1st try and we will be getting a raise and of course that is good. I do wish instead of the extra $14 a month that they could put the money into finding a cure for us. Just like with aids the funding went into that and look what the drs can do for aids people now. I also wish they (SS) could give $ to companys or tax breaks to make it possible for the disabeled to work at home. It makes so much sense. If I could work at home then I wouldn't need SS anymore.
    Rene
  2. Rene

Rene New Member

First I was very thankful to get SS on the 1st try and we will be getting a raise and of course that is good. I do wish instead of the extra $14 a month that they could put the money into finding a cure for us. Just like with aids the funding went into that and look what the drs can do for aids people now. I also wish they (SS) could give $ to companys or tax breaks to make it possible for the disabeled to work at home. It makes so much sense. If I could work at home then I wouldn't need SS anymore.
    Rene
  3. Rene

Rene New Member

bumping
  4. blast

blast New Member

Hi Rene,
    Thanx for bumping. I somehow missed this post!
    Is the raise for Social Security Disability or Supplemental Income? I haven't been informed of the recent increase so I was just wondering!
    Too bad , as you mentioned, that some money couldn't go to research, or intervention!!! Do you currently know of any doctors doing research? If so, where at? I am going to see what I can find out to help me feel a bit more educated on the scientific end of it all.
    Take care,
    Sherri