? about ssd hearing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pattyholland, Jul 10, 2008.

1. pattyholland

pattyholland New Member

Hi, I had my hearing today after waiting 2 yrs.

OMG I broke down and couldnt talk without crying.

Their was an advocate (sp) person in there, but the judge didnt even ask him if there was any work I could do.

Was wondering if that could of been a good thing or a bad thing.

Any info would be great. He said I would have my letter within 60 days, Like I havent waited long enough.

I am in so much pain I cant even type anymore tonight.

[This Message was Edited on 07/11/2008]
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

You may need to change your title, I thought you had a ? about physically hearing, i.e. hearing aids,etc.

Anyway I never had to go to one but let's hope this is a good sign.

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain, I know that feeling well.

Take care

P.S. You were getting close to the bottom so I wanted to bump your message back to the top.

HURTIN New Member

Hugz PattyHolland

I would think it's GOOD NEWS if the vocational expert neglected to speak. I have my fingers crossed and I'm sending up a prayer for you. Feel better.
  4. labrat

labrat New Member

At my hearing the vocational expert wasn't asked any questions either. When we were done, I asked my lawyer why, and the lawyer told me it was most likely because I had already won my case and met the SSDI disability requirements.

So you should be happy-this is a GOOD thing. I received my approval letter just about two weeks after the hearing. Hope it works out the same for you.

5. pattyholland

pattyholland New Member

Hi, wow 2 weeks?

That would be great.

Did the judge tell you that it would take up to 60 days?

When did you recivce your backpay?

Its hard to feel happy yet, I am in so much pain in a big
    flare right now. Maybe I will be happier when the pain isnt so bad.
  6. labrat

labrat New Member

I can't remember how long the judge said it would take to get a decision. It was a few years ago; my hearing was in 2005. My hearing was on March 30 and I got my backpay in June by direct deposit.