? about SSD.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KYRock, Aug 24, 2002.

1. KYRock

KYRock New Member

Like I have said I've already been turned down 3 times.
    Lawyer is appealing again and I have filed a new claim.
    Remember I filed in March of 2001. I got a letter today
    telling me that they are sending me to another doc. Supposedly he doesn't work for SS. But this one will be giving me a mental exam. But I can't tell if it's from my 1st claim or my 2nd. My lawyer had me tested by a pshycologist but SS never did. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT
    THIS EXAM WILL CONSIST OF?
  2. KYRock

KYRock New Member

Like I have said I've already been turned down 3 times.
    Lawyer is appealing again and I have filed a new claim.
    Remember I filed in March of 2001. I got a letter today
    telling me that they are sending me to another doc. Supposedly he doesn't work for SS. But this one will be giving me a mental exam. But I can't tell if it's from my 1st claim or my 2nd. My lawyer had me tested by a pshycologist but SS never did. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT
    THIS EXAM WILL CONSIST OF?
  3. Peace7

Peace7 New Member

Don't waste precious energy worrying - It's not a big deal.

They ask basic questions: about your family life - Married?
    children?

what kind of work did you do?

Questions to determine if you know where you are, do you know the year, etc.

Memory test: can you remember 3 things

Screening questions for mental illness such as- do you hear voices in your head?

Note: if you do experience cognitive impairments or memory impairments that don't show up on the test be sure to tell
    them.

Don't wear makeup. Don't be real friendly. You want them to understand that you are struggling. Don't be ashamed to talk about depression. Or even if you don't feel you are depressed, tell them how bad you feel you can't do the things you used to, you're exhausted, you're in pain or whatever fits your situation.

Best wishes
    Anne