About the Chit Chat Board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kredca4, Jun 7, 2003.

1. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I know when we first had the board set up, I dug my Heel's in, I was not going to use That board.

There were some folks that posted there, that knew each other, and at first I didn;t feel welcomed. Then They left. We had a new Group come in and make themslves at home, had some fun, made friendships, and some have moved on and some have stayed.

I just want you to consider this, if we act like we know each other, it's cause it's a smaller populated board, and we do get a chance to visit about other topic's, so we do get to be Friends.

We are alway's opened to New Friendships, well at Least I am cause I need all the Friends I can get, I'm very needy, ok,?? and right now it seem's like the board's very quite, that maybe cause we have had some discord on the board, which happens about every 3 month's.

So Please come over, and bring with You the Friends you have made on this board. It's the same really, just more Open.

Sometimes, please do not take this wrong, we come over to the new board with an I don't want to attutide, cause you are feeling like you are being Made to do something. That is Exactly how I felt, at first, but thing's change, and so did my feeling about the other board. So now I post on both.
    You just might be surprised, and make somenew Friends and also have a chance to deepen the ones you have made on this side of the Board.

Just say that "MIKIE SENT YOU", lol.

God Bless you all,
  2. sofy

sofy New Member

It is a place you can be something other than the sick person and no one cares if you cant spell and get your words alll jumbled up typing. Got a joke or need to know how to poch salmon, come on over and post.
  3. chknmama

chknmama New Member

Where is this board??I cant find it.
  4. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

At the top of the page here, is a Purple Banner, second from the left, where it say's, Message Boards, that's the one you want to click on.

The first is a Chat Room, not a board, so some have gotten on that thinking it's where we are talking about.
    The Chit Chat Board, is just like this one, so hopefully we will see you there.

The Menu also has other boards that you can visit, maybe you could Bookmark that page, for using other board's too.

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you for sharing your experiences on the Chit Chat Forum and for giving directions for getting there.

I honestly believe it is healthier for us to get away from all this medical stuff every now and then and get a good laugh or be touched by the deeply personal and loving posts on the CCF.

Like all websites, we occasionally have problems from people who have been banned coming back under new personae and causing problems. It is an ongoing situation and we know about it. We usually know who is a "retread" by their demeanor. Most usually give themselves away eventually because, basically, tigers do not change their stripes. Given enough rope, they usually hang themselves again.

Also, we are all sick and it is inevitible for spats to break out on any forum for people with chronic illness. This is going to happen on any board. The nice thing about our boards is that the overwhelming majority of our members are such kind, loving, supportive, and caring people, that they are always there for us when we need them.

I also like the informality of the CCF where I can laugh til the tears run over some of the funny stuff posted there. Laughter is the best medicine.

Again, thank you so much, and I truly hope our members will take your advice and start using this wonderful resource.

Love, Mikie
  6. allhart

allhart New Member

very well said,
    i realy wish alot more people from here would come to the chit chat board,it makes it easier to keep up with whats going on with everyone,
    almost anything can be posted on the chit chat board , even if it is a medical thing,i dont think ive ever seen anyone say you should post this on the other board over there ,
    ive posted everything from medical promblems to my dog peeing on a roarch to try and kill it on the chit chat board,so those of you who wonder what board should i post this on try the chit chat borad frist ,im sure youll get a warm welcome and find something to make you feel laugh well your there,
  7. bakron

bakron New Member

I’ve gone to the “chit-chat” board several times and am starting to find it a welcome “relief” and an “escape” from the medical side of things. There is a little humor there, and I enjoy that tremendously! I’ve also checked out the “Worship” message board, and have found that nice a welcoming “retreat.” Now I know I can go to different places to meet the different needs that I have.

I just read the “princessraye” “goodbye” post, and I have to honest and say that I have felt some of the things that she stated in her post. I will miss her and wish that she would just take a break and get over to the other boards for a while and not totally say “goodbye.” I don’t know her address, but if anyone here does, please encourage her to stay on through “chit-chat” or even the “Worship” board. She had so much to offer, and was always so positive!
  8. Dara

Dara New Member

but I think it's a great idea. Not to cause any problems here, but I happen to agree with Mikie & Shirl's postings. In fact, I think I posted something about this not too long ago, if I didn't, I meant to. There are a lot of topics on this board that really don't fit. I'm glad to see that this board will be used for FM problems, not answers to personal problems anymore.

9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We used to post everything here in the old days when this board was really pretty small. Then, we had people posting creative writing, posting witnessing types of posts for their religions, posting all kinds of personal posts about their pets, their trips, their kids, etc., etc., etc. Something had to give, so our Webmaster created all these forums for us.

Well, we met with some resistance in the beginning when we asked our members to use these other forums, but eventually, they were glad to have their own areas to get away from the illnesses for a bit.

We just haven't been enforcing the removal of posts mostly about personal problems because we didn't want to do that when someone was in crisis, and some of these posts are heartbreaking. Now, however, the board is just moving too fast to allow this to continue. That's why I gave notice and didn't just start moving posts.

People often resist change, but this isn't anything new; it's just that we are now going to be moving posts which really belong elsewhere.

If I understand the complaints, people want one place where they can post pretty much about anything. Well, that's the CCF. In fact, there are those who hardly come here anymore but prefer the CCF and that's fine too. We really are fortunate that our Sponsor and Webmaster are so generous with their resources to give us all these areas.

Love, Mikie
  10. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

I visit this board, the CCF, and the depression board. It only takes a couple seconds to move around this site. I love the people on chit chat. It's not only fun and laughs. I have posted before about my brother being in Iraq, about my inability to quit smoking, etc. The people over there are overwhelmingly supportive. Please don't feel that you wouldn't be welcome there. Just give it try. Like I said, I also visit the depression board, it's another avenue to release aggravation and get support. The folks over there are very nice and understanding.

11. tansy

tansy New Member

so welcoming, I loved the humour and humanity I found there.

I only tried it out today and will now happily use it for non-medical topics.

12. bct

bct Active Member

13. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

on the ChitChat Board!
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is an old post but still as valid as when it was posted. I love the CC Board. Folks there are as friendly as they come and everyone is welcome.

Love, Mikie
  15. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

This was a real oldie, I was surprised to see it at all, as my username has changed. I'm Bruin63 now,.
    same e-mail addy for the board tho.

Mikie I think you were the Moderator then, Shirl too.
    How time fly's.

[This Message was Edited on 06/18/2008]
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Shirl is still a moderator but because of her health, she doesn't get online nearly as much as she would like to. I get an occasional e-mail from her when she manages to get to her computer. She can use our prayers.

Love, Mikie
  17. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Yes, please do come over and visit us on the Chit Chat Board. You might even want to stay awhile !! It is just very light hearted and you don't have to post to everyone or anyone individually all the time at all.

I just love it there and all the people. You can come for a short visit or a long one, no matter. We all understand and all of us do not spend all our time there either.

I spend allot of time there when I am on the computer but like to check the FM boards also and if I have a question about FM, that is where I go.

JUST LOOK FOR THE PORCHLIGHT AND AND THE NEW VOLUME NUMBER after you click CHIT CHAT boards. It changes about every 30 posts so the threads do not get to long. Some brave soul just does the honors (-: !!

Please do come and visit us. I really think you will like it. Thanks Mikie, Kredca4, Sharon and ALL !!

Hugs and blessings to everydobby, (another word for everybody (-: ) !!

[This Message was Edited on 06/19/2008]