About this brain fog??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by emttoni, Sep 23, 2002.

1. emttoni

emttoni New Member

Does this ever "burn off" like the fog in your yard does? lol. I am so tired of being so forgetful and spacey - wanted to go on to be a paramedic but now dont know if I can remember the course to pass the test!Aaggghhhhh!

By the way, Im on the way to cat scan on the ol' butt bone to see whats happening there! (if I can lay on that little bitty table long enough for them to do the scan!).

See you all a little later after kiddoes go to bed tonite!

Gentle hugs and best wishes to all!
  2. emttoni

emttoni New Member

Does this ever "burn off" like the fog in your yard does? lol. I am so tired of being so forgetful and spacey - wanted to go on to be a paramedic but now dont know if I can remember the course to pass the test!Aaggghhhhh!

By the way, Im on the way to cat scan on the ol' butt bone to see whats happening there! (if I can lay on that little bitty table long enough for them to do the scan!).

See you all a little later after kiddoes go to bed tonite!

Gentle hugs and best wishes to all!
  3. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

It passes in time....and then comes back! Mine went away completely when my doctor found my thyroid testing on the "LOW" end of the "normal" ranges. (normal doesn't mean squat!)He upped my synthroid dosage and within 1-2 weeks, my mind was as clear as a bell, all pain and depression gone, I sleep like a baby and have energy to BURN!!

Marilyn :)
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I just SWEAR that my fog has lifted significantly since I stopped drinking Diet Coke a couple of weeks ago! I poo-pooed this theory for years because I thought I'd just die without my Diet Coke. (I don't drink coffee) However, I took Shirl's advice and I drink AT LEAST half my body weight (in ounces) of water a day now and I feel much clearer! I'm also trying to cut back on my carbs and eat a little more protein and veggies. I have LIVED on carbs for years.
    If you're a Nutrasweet junkie like I was, try it....you MAY feel much better!
    Love,
    Kady
  5. nje

nje New Member

except the flare ups are much worse,an this brain fog,i am afraid to walk outside anymore, i get dizzy and weak legged and i bounce into people who look at me like i should be in jail for dui,i told my husband toda,just go find me a good nursing home,even if i am 52 years old,i really don`t have any quality of life,it seems the brain fog is always with me too,and i have never drank diet cola,pepsi or nutrasweet,i did read an article in the newspaper about how peoplebetter quit anything with nutrasweet in it,because it had come to their attention, after people were dying with it . it poisons people over a long period of time,i would advice you to quii any diet drink or caffeine or nutrasweet,if it helps your fibro thats good,but i don`t nutrasweet or drink diet pepsi,cola or anything,and i`m still a bonafide lunatic,i can`t tell you what i ate for breakfast this morning,1 day i was hollering for my dog smokie, whom i have had for 5 years,when i started to say his name,i couldn`t remember it for about 3 minutes, i was really freaking out,then it hit me ,his name,smokie,what a relief. but i yutz something up every day. hope things will go well with you.
  6. Rene

Rene New Member

I have CFS and bedridden 22 hrs a day for almost 4 yrs. I had the worst brain fog. I would eat dinner and 20 min later wouldn't remember what I ate. It was consistant brain fog. My memory came back 100% over a yr ago and I haven't lost it once and I have the best memory in the world just like before I got sick. So hope this gives you hope. Now if the "fatigue"would disappear.
    Rene
  7. herblady

herblady New Member

comes and goes. i'll be fine one day but others the fog is so thick i can't see a vision of my hand in front of my face. this aggravates my husband to know end. he says i don't listen to him but i just don't hear him. i'm in some other dimension. cindi
  8. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

The mental deficiencies we sometimes call "fog" have really ben scaring me and those who live we me, my ten year old son and 28-yr old daughter (moved in a year ago to help with things). I have seen nothing like it as I now come to my ten year anniversary date of this "unusual" condition.

The mental lapses are to be believed; everything from what time of the year it is to where is Aunt Nellie's teapot! I am beginning to be afraid I have altzheimers, the reason being if diagnosed early there is a viable treatment.

Anyway, this phenom. that accompanies FMS/CFIDS is problematic and I have truly enjoyed reading your comments; knowing I am not alone in this crazed world! CactusLil'