ABOUT THIS MESSAGE BOARD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sean, Sep 26, 2002.

1. sean

sean New Member

This is a great message board, I have learnt a lot, and found it very helpful. With this FM stuff, it can vary day to day, how you feel. Sometimes though it wouldn't hurt to be a little more positive. I read that some joke had been taken off, which offended someone, yet others liked it. I never saw it, but I say some people need to lighten up a bit. It would be good to have a few jokes on this board instead of hearing all the negetive stuff all the time. How about it, who thinks the odd joke and funny story is a good idea, and who thinks it is not? CAST YOUR VOTES NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE.
  2. sean

sean New Member

This is a great message board, I have learnt a lot, and found it very helpful. With this FM stuff, it can vary day to day, how you feel. Sometimes though it wouldn't hurt to be a little more positive. I read that some joke had been taken off, which offended someone, yet others liked it. I never saw it, but I say some people need to lighten up a bit. It would be good to have a few jokes on this board instead of hearing all the negetive stuff all the time. How about it, who thinks the odd joke and funny story is a good idea, and who thinks it is not? CAST YOUR VOTES NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE.
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Most of us like jokes, but ProHealth has rules on how the Board is to be run, one of which is that non-medical stuff belongs on the Chit Chat Board. You can go there and post all the jokes you want to, and it is usually full of jokes that you can read. Try it!
    I didn't make the rules,
    Klutzo
  4. cpalance

cpalance New Member

I agree with you, I don't necessarily like the Chit Chat Board.

Cindy

I love reading things that make me laugh. It is good "Medicine."

Cindy
  5. kadywill

kadywill New Member

support and knowledge. I want to give and receive it. I have numerous sites I go to for laughs and I love them...however, THIS is for my health issues only. I know that laughter is good medicine and I love to see the humor is all things..even this illness has it's funny moments; i.e. fibrofog incidents! This is the ONLY place I can vent without reprimands and sometimes thats exactly what I need. So, I am happy there are rules. I don't want to be pressured to buy products or laugh when I feel I need to cry~~~that's what I love about my friends here. A gentle, loving shoulder is always available when needed!
    To our health!
    Kady
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is a privately sponsored board and the sponsors can decide how it is run. It is not a democracy voted on by the members. The sponsors are very generous with us and try to be as accommodating as possible. I, for one, am very grateful for all they do for us.

I always hate to lose members, but perhaps another site might be more to your liking.

Mikie - Moderator
  7. sean

sean New Member

I GET YOUR POINT MATE, BUT IF A URL IS NOT A COMPETITOR IE DOES NOT SELL HEALTH PRODUCTS AND STUFF, THEN I CAN'T SEE THE PROBLEM, YES YOUR RIGHT IT IS GOOD TO HAVE THIS SITE, AND YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO IS GREATFUL, ALTHOUGH YOU MIGHT PRESUME I SOUND LIKE I AM, SOMETIMES A LOT OF INFORMATION REGARDING STUFF LIKE RESEARCH AND SCIENTIFIC ARTICLES ON FMS ECT, EXPLAINED IN DETAIL CAN BE FOUND ON OTHER SITES, THAT MIGHT BE TO LONG TO TYPE TOO THE MESSAGE BOARD. "WHY NOT COPY AND POST THE CONTENTS, OF ANY SUCH ARTICLES I HEAR YOU SAY?" HA HA, AS ALREADY MENTIONED THE DREADED C WORD (COPYRIGHT) MIGHT BE AN ISSUE. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER AS THE SAYING GOES, THE INFORMATION I FIND ON THIS BOARD I VALUE, QUITE NATURALLY THEN BEING AN UNSELFISH PERSON ANY INFORMATION I MAY GATHER FROM OTHER SITES ON FMS, I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE, IT'S WHAT YOU CALL BEING HELPFUL AND CARING. AS I SAID I CAN UNDERSTAND NOT BEING ALLOWED TO POST URL'S OF OTHER SITES THAT COULD BE DEEMED COMPETITORS, THIS IS UNDERSTANDABLE, BANNING URL'S TO USEFUL NON COMPETITOR WEBSITES IS NOT.
  8. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

URLS can be given most times. If in question you could e mail a mod and ask if it's okay. This is a great board as you say and we totally agree. We have been on so many boards but, here yiu get both sides of a coin and more real interaction. Attacking isn't approved but, once in a while it pops out. This board had a lot of fredoms and I know that when we came here it was a bit more riggid in that you posted mostly q's and answers and Chit chat was designed for those who want to just have fun or talk about other issues to. The transformation has taken place I believe due to all the newer people like ourselves. The search is a great function. It lacks the personnel touch and what if you need more info. It's hard to bring up an old post and get answers. Most answer the first poster on a thread. We too love a joke and somw here intertwine a joke with there q or an FMS, CFS story. We found it very helpful to have the types of boards they have here. I hope you get to like it better here it really has a lot of different things for all people.

I am not comfortable for some strange reason to use the Chat and even chit chat to often.

I hope you don't take it personnally. We love that everyone can find something here that helps.

Take care, Kim
  9. sean

sean New Member

I HEAR WHAT YOUR SAYING KIM, AND I GUESS I WILL JUST HAVE TO ACCEPT THE FACT THAT RULES ARE RULES ARE RULES, BUT I STILL THINK THERE DAFT, EVEN THOUGH I ACCEPT IT IS GOOD THAT THE SPONSORS PROVIDING THIS SERVICE IS GOOD. I HAVE VENTED MY SPLEEN ON THIS MATTER NOW, SO I WON'T MENTION IT AGAIN, "WELL MAYBE ONCE MORE" (STUPID RULES)OR TWICE (DAFT RULES) enough already.
  10. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I also question it but the point is we need to understand we are lucky to have this, I get off track myself, earlier today I got put in my place also and I think I probably caused some (a lot??) of frustration for Mikie, I guess we need to look at what we gain not what we cannot say or do.
    I need to watch my attitude too and realize I cannot change the world and I do not want to lose my ability to post here either.

Jaci
  11. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I'm not real crazy about speed limits and stop signs either, but they are there for a valid reason and if I want the privilege of driving on these roads, I have to obey the speed limits and stop at the signs!!

Try Chit Chat, it's just the next page over!

Marilyn :)
  12. mariac2000

mariac2000 New Member

But the medical stuff is important too. There is another fibro website that has a general board and a medical board, but alas I don't think we can post websites here. I am sure you will run into it if you do a fibro search.