ABOUT THOSE LOW GRADE TEMPS...........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HOUSEOFBLUES, Nov 10, 2002.

1. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

I have always had temps of about 97.6 all my life.
    My question is this....
    The past couple of months I've been taking my temp every day at all different hours and discovered that my temps are always around 99.4. And I seem to be getting a lot of headaches I never had before.
    Now I know i've gained some weight over the past 2 yrs and also my Gyno and I are discussing the possibility of a Hysterectomy because of heavy bleeding every month and a small cyst.
    Could this be why the temps? Does gaining weight make a difference in temps? Do cysts? Or is it yet just another symptom of Fibro?
    Thanks

LOVE,
    HOUSEOFBLUES

2. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

I have always had temps of about 97.6 all my life.
    My question is this....
    The past couple of months I've been taking my temp every day at all different hours and discovered that my temps are always around 99.4. And I seem to be getting a lot of headaches I never had before.
    Now I know i've gained some weight over the past 2 yrs and also my Gyno and I are discussing the possibility of a Hysterectomy because of heavy bleeding every month and a small cyst.
    Could this be why the temps? Does gaining weight make a difference in temps? Do cysts? Or is it yet just another symptom of Fibro?
    Thanks

LOVE,
    HOUSEOFBLUES

3. Myth

Myth New Member

My temperature seems rather irregular, high to low. I have been trying to get pregnant and thus have been taking my temperature everyday to see when I ovulate. Needless to say it is rather hard to tell since the chart it taking on a zigzag appearence. I am unsure if this is FMS related, but it does say in my little booklet that things that can change your temperature are illness and sleeping problems, so that would explain my irregular temperature right there. I get headaches all the time. But anyway there are many things that can affect your temperature; colds, flues, sleep, hormones... You might want to keep track of it with any other relavant factors to see if you can find a pattern.
  4. BethM

BethM New Member

I tracked my temperature for several weeks, and found it averages about 99.4. I can tell when it goes up, as I start feeling hot and flushed, and my eyes feel hot. (no, not menopause yet!) At times it will go up over 100, and then I really feel awful until it comes back down. I shared this data with my primary doc, and he ignored it, which is one of many reasons I am switching doctors. My temp rises when I am overly tired and fatigued, when I overdo an activity, or when I don't get enough sleep. I think it is a marker of the instability of my hormonal system in my hypothalamus, which governs body temperature, among other body functions.

I don't tolerate sudden temperature changes well, especially from warm to cold. I can start shivering, from the inside of my belly on outward, until my whole body shakes so badly I can hardly stand up. The only remedy is to warm myself up again. It's like my core temp drops suddenly and my body can't compensate. Weird. This can be very distressing to people around me, not to mention exhausting for me.

Another mystery of the FMS scenario for us to contemplate, I guess.

Peace,
    Beth.
  5. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Every p.m., my body temp is between 99 and 100 degrees...I attribute this to my overactive immune system. The doc at Duke wasn't surprised that I do this, since she knew all of my symptoms. No fun is it??? I hate it.
    Love,
    Kady