? about ultram being scheduled

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by g868, Aug 13, 2003.

1. g868

g868 New Member

does anyone know if or when ultram is goin to become a scheduled drug..any idea what class it will belong in??this is just something i have heard for a long time but can't find any info on..thanks
  2. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

I recently read an article here in our Library about "Ultracet" being advised for FM. It's an Ultram/Acetaminopben Combo. I showed it to my Dr. and I have found it has helped me a bit, along with Zanaflex. Check it out- I don't know if I answered your question or not...

Love, Fibromiester
  3. AnnG

AnnG New Member

....prescribed it for me. I haven't filled it yet. He said it shouldn't have a narcotic effect as it is the lowest form in its class of drugs. It should just relieve pain w/ no side effects. He did say that some neurologists hate it and won't prescribe it because they believe it causes seizures. He said this was at 6 pills a day, though. I have been on the fence for 2 months now on whether or not to fill this. I asked about it on here and got some answers. Maybe, if you check under my name, you can find the post. Let me know what you decide to do!!!!
  4. g868

g868 New Member

i know this medication inside and out..what im wondering is if the fda is gonna make it illegal to posess without a prescription like vicoden is a class 3 narcotic, percocet is a class 2 narcotic and so on..
    [This Message was Edited on 08/13/2003]