Absentee Ballot

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, May 2, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

I vote with an absentee ballot because of the FM. All you have to do is call the office and request a form for it.
    You do not even need a doctor to verify that you are sick.
    For me it is so much easier to vote this way and just wanted to pass it on for those who want to vote and are unable to.

And if you check off the box for 'all elections' you will get ballots for school budgets: everything they put up on the public.

I was never able to vote for those things before and it is so simple now.

nyrofan
  2. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

As a town clerk, I'm on the receiving end of these requests. Just a few years ago they made it so that you didn't have to have a reason to request one. Before you did. We even now allow people to come in and vote in the office prior to the election as soon as we receive the ballots and/or take the ballot home to think it over and mail or bring it back in. They are NOT allowed to take ballots for anyone but themselves, though.

A few years ago, we had a politician really pushing voting this way, and let me tell you, it was a big pain in the butt! We were sending tons of ballots out - at the expense of the Town. Your tax dollars at work. In our state, the sec. of state provides the ballots and the envelopes, but we have to pay the postage. Much nicer when people can come in and vote in person before the actual election day.
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

jbennet:
    You are right. Anyone can ask for this kind of home ballot.
    It used to be situational.

You know how I used to vote since getting sick? I would call the party I'm registered with and they would send someone to pick me up.

nyrofan
  4. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member