Abx bothering my stomach

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by suexi, Mar 19, 2007.

1. suexi

suexi New Member

My dr. put me on doxycycline... I tried it two separate times and Forget it. Stomach aches, nausea! Even had food and poured it in juice. My dr. NEVER called me back when i left a msg. Can you believe That??? Anyways i dont have a good feeling about him so im NOT going back to him.

Another reason i dont feel all that great about him, is because he ordered the PCR test... I'm thinking what the hell for?? You have the WB...info....but i let him draw my blood anyways but won't be getting my results.. i'm sure it will be negative anyway, even though i tested positive w/the WB.

So can anyone give me advice on what kind of herbs maybe to try.. or where to go for research on alternative stuff??

The good LLMD's are just too far away from me. :(
    Thanks for all your help and support.
    Susan
  2. suexi

suexi New Member

thank you... I will try anything at this point.....But No more doxy for me.. lol *sighs*
    Susan
  3. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

Hi Seuxi,

I was just reading your profile. Are you close to the bay area, CA at all????

I just started Zith for Lyme....after failing on Doxy due to allergic reaction..i seem to be ok on Zith ACCEPT it hurts my tummy! Its more a dull achey feeling. I hate it.

I am usually on the CFS board and just organized our first bay area CFS group meeting at my house. I also attend a lyme support group in Mountain View!

4. suexi

suexi New Member

no im not close to the bay area. :( Im about an hour away from Los Angeles.

I hear there are some really good LLMDS up by you but unfortunately i can't travel at this time.

As a matter of fact, my pcp gave me zith not too long ago cuz i was coming down w/something. It did'nt hurt my stomach but gave me diahrea.. So i don't think thats a good thing to have either.

im just beside myself as far as what to do and what to take. Maybe abx is just not for me.

Susan
    [This Message was Edited on 03/24/2007]
  5. bree~leigh

bree~leigh New Member

Sue,
    i am taking monicycline, in the same class as doxy but my doc says less stressful on the gut. I am not having trouble with it.

It may be worth your while to travel to a lyme literate doc that would see you once then do follow ups over the phone.

I did this with Dr. Sharp in Dallas for awhile until FFC opened in the Atlanta area.

Best Wishes in your quest..
    Bree
  6. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane New Member

Make sure you take Pro-Biotics as well. That will help with the tummy
  7. suexi

suexi New Member

Thanks so much bree~leigh... THAT is a great idea. I have been racking my brains out wondering where I am going to Go..
    I don't care for the "lyme dr. i went to; i won't mention any names; He's in Malibu.. AND i don't have anyone to give me a ride at this point. So if i can just make it to one appt. (take a plane) then they can follow-up by phone.. Thanks again... I will look into that.

o, btw I took probiotics and they didn't help the aches.. Thanks for the advice frlane.
    Susan