ACCEPTED FOR DISABILITY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kristina512, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Kristina512

Kristina512 New Member

HI EVERYONE... I HAVEN'T BEEN ON HERE IN A REALLY LONG TIME SO MOST OF YOU PROBABLY DON'T KNOW ME. I AM 22 YEARS OLD AND I HAVE FIBRO, IC, THYROID DISEASE, KIDNEY PROBLEMS, AND IBS... I HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH A CONSTANT BATTLE OF PAIN FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS NOW. I JUST GOT ACCEPTED FOR DISABILITY!! I WAS LAYING ON THE COUCH LAST NIGHT, CRYING AND PRAYING FOR SOME RELIEF.. THEN MY FIRST PHONE CALL TODAY WAS DISABILITY TELLING ME THEY ACCEPTED ME. GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS BUT NOW I KNOW HE WAS LISTENING!! I AM GETTING MARRIED NEXT SUMMER TO AN AMAZING MAN AND WE JUST BOUGHT A HOUSE SO THIS IS A GREAT START TO A BETTER LIFE. SO ANYONE WHO IS GOING FOR DISABILITY, HANG IN THERE!! IT CAN HAPPEN FOR YOU!!!
  2. Goldyfm

Goldyfm New Member

Glad you got some good news. We sometimes lose track of our faith due to our constant pain, etc. I am happy you received an answer to your prayers.
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi Kristina,

How wonderful for you. Yes, that does give hope to others. How long did you have to wait to get it? Did you apply once, twice or what??

That is certainly a wonderful start to yur marriage, as you said. Thanks for letting us know.

Good luck to you on your wedding and all ! Is that this summer or next summer ??

Blessings,

Granni
    [This Message was Edited on 06/16/2008]
  4. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

Congratulations on your disability and on your upcoming wedding!

All the best,
    Marti
  5. Kristina512

Kristina512 New Member

I APPLIED FOR MY 1ST TIME IN NOVEMBER OF LAST YEAR. I GOT DENIED ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO (MAY??) THEN I REAPPLIED RIGHT AWAY... I HAD TO FILL OUT THE PAPERWORK AGAIN AND SO ON.. THEN, IF I DIDN'T GET ACCEPTED, I WAS GOING TO GET A LAWYER.. BUT I DID! I DIDN'T HEAR ANYTHING FOR A WHILE AND THEN I GOT THE CALL GETTING ACCEPTED. AMAZING. HOPE THIS HELPS. MESSAGE ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS.

BY THE WAY, MY WEDDING IS NEXT SUMMER.. JUNE 20, 2009. WE NEEDED SOME TIME TO PLAN.. MY DOCTOR SAYS THAT IF I WANT TO HAVE KIDS I NEED TO DO IT WITHIN THE NEXT 2 YEARS SO WE HOPE I STILL CAN AFTER THE WEDDING. I WILL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED.
  6. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

Good for you! I am very happy that you were approved- I saw your profile picture- you are a beautiful girl! I hope you have good luck conceiving. It will be nice to be a stay at home mom in spite of the pain. :)
  7. otis89

otis89 New Member

kristina, congrats, im from illinois too, and going through the disability process, ive been denied twice now at the appeal stage, i pray everyday for a favorable response, where bouts are you located?otis89