Accessible (wheelchair) Parking Pass?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by akalil, Nov 13, 2008.

1. akalil

akalil New Member

Quick question:
    Does anybody know who is licensed to sign off on an Accessible Parking Pass (in Canada). My family doctor initially signed the papers, but only for a limited time (he's one of those doctors that believes fibromyalgia is 'all in the head'). I asked both of my rheumatologists, and one said he wasn't licensed to sign, and the other said that 'I probably needed the exercise'. The only reason I need an APP is so that I can get closer parking at school (as opposed to a 20 min. walk from campus).
    Does anybody have any ideas as to who else I should/could ask?
  2. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

As far as I know (being a Canadian for 27 years and my mom is Canadian with a parking pass) any doctor is "licensed" to sign for it. I didn't realize that there are doctors that can't sign it. My mother has had hers for over 23 years and over those years has had different doctors sign for and has never run in to that particular problem. If there really is a problem with doctors not being "licensed" to sign for it then I would call the Ministry of Transportation and asking them for a list (mailed to you) of all the people that can sign for the pass. Maybe your rheumy just doesn't know he can sign but if you bring him the list and rheumy's are on it maybe he will change his mind. I live in the US now and I do have a parking pass myself and it was my regular doc that signed for it but I know that any of my doctors could technically do it.

I would call the Ministry and ask them since it is their rules.
  3. caffey

caffey New Member

I have never heard of such a thing. I had my physio sign mine. ( I live in ON). Look on form. It should have a list of people who are qualified to sign it. Also I don't think they are allowed to charge you filling it out as it is a government form. They are good for I think 5 years and then have to be renewed.
    Hope that helps.