accutain could it cause fm/cfs?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blkkat, Feb 6, 2007.

1. blkkat

blkkat New Member

accutain for acne for over 8 months wonder could of this started all this livin hell? input please. GOD BLESS -BLKKAT
    P.S also had hysterectomy before i got very ill.[This Message was Edited on 02/06/2007]
  2. lookingoutthewindow

lookingoutthewindow New Member

I think the combination of the anesthesia from surgery and the accutain could have done it. I was overexposed to formaldehyde in the late 80's and develop a sensitivity to things containing the chemical. I had a hysterectomy in 2000, I think thats when my syptoms started. The next year I got poison sumac and was on steriods for 21 days followed by poisoning myself while staining my deck in the hot sun. I think all the exposure accumulates, sensitizes or wears down the immune system. It is difficult for me to shopping. I just realized it because of all the chemicals in new products, I always thought I just hated shopping--I still use this excuse along with arthritis; people seem to understand that better than FM.

HUGS

Johnna
  3. blkkat

blkkat New Member

thankyou for your post. it seems at least for me when i need input, its slow to come my way or not at all. maybe i dont word things right. to the shopping thing i get what your talking about,the smells just kill me. oh what you said also made us (hubby) and i feel its this house, we moved into this NEW HOUSE in 2001, 2003-had a hyster. 2003 startd accutain, 2004 got this non-stop 10+pain,ive never been OUT of a FLARE, i feel like i have the flu 24/7. and just getting on this is a killer. GOD BLESS -BLKKAT
  4. blkkat

blkkat New Member

5. webintrig

webintrig New Member

What is Accurtain?

Thanks,
    webby
  6. blkkat

blkkat New Member

hi sorry. its very strong acne meds. for people who get real bad boils ect, large oily pores. almost 5 years now and not one boil,well at least not on my face. & helped shrink MY scares on my nose. but did i pay a price for no acne??? maybe!!!! BLKKAT P.S w/out ins. 400.00 plus appt. each month....my ins. paid for it. P.S again you have to do preg. tests ,and can not get preg.!!!!BAD SIDE EFFECTS . i took it cause i had a hyster.
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

and had a hysterectomy. She came down with FM a few years later. She also has Sjoegrens and a bunch of other health problems.

I have never taken Acutane myself but was on low dose ABX for 10 yrs for acne and think it may have contributed to a chronic candida problem that eventually made me sick with CFS/FM.

Pepper