Acesnana cidervinegar

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MsCatherine, Jun 22, 2005.

1. MsCatherine

MsCatherine New Member

Could you explain the cider vinegar cure for a urinary tract infection? My aunt just laughed and said they used it all the time years ago!
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

that it is good for candidas infections too.

So I'm going to buy it and give it a try, Landy suggested it with ice and honey.

Rosie
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I did the 'shot' of vinegar for a bladder infection, and it took me two days, as I could not take it stright up, I had to do it half, then half in about 5 minutes :( But it works!

My daughter was better than I, she hit it on the first try, chased it with a glass of water. The infection was gone the next day.

Ralph, I did not know it was also good for high blood pressure.

Mine is a little high in the last few months, 134/80. Will do the vinegar before I eat. Thank you, you are a darling.

So is THE Nanna!

Shalom, Shirl
  4. neen85

neen85 New Member

I have never heard someone give such a detailed description of drinking a shot in all of my life! HUMMMM????? ANd chocolate cake falling from the sky,I must live in the wrong state!!!

Great info Ralph,I didn't know it was good for blood sugar either! I am going in to try some right now! Daneen
  5. desertfog

desertfog New Member

I recently heard that researchers where having people take apple cider vinegar right before they ate for a study and found a surprising side effect they did not expect: They lost weight while those not taking the vinegar did not.

Well, I thought I'd try it and all I ended up getting was reallly sick to my stomach. I had no trouble getting it down, but Oh man my stomach! I almost threw up several times! I thought of this reading Ralphs post about blood sugar.

I wonder, do the rest of you take it between meals?
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

I'm trying to imagine .... but I don't know how you could down a shot glass full of ACV and then a glass of water WITHOUT taking a breath in between the two!!!

I've never drank shots ... maybe that's why I don't understand.
  7. bakron

bakron New Member

and swears by it as far as appetitie suppression. He'll take a shot in the AM and then in the PM. However, he puts it in unsalted V8 juice. I've tried it that way and it's a lot more tasty than straight. You might want to try it in V8. There are quite a number of health benefits (supposedly) from vinegar. What was the old addage? "An apple a day keeps the doctor away"? I'm for any form of apple if it keeps the doctor away!

Jeannette
  8. desertfog

desertfog New Member

I like the V-8 suggestion. It is low in calories and will also help supress your appitite. I'll have to try it. That should take away my upset stomach from drinking it straight.
  9. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Just wanted to let you know that I poured some in a paper cup and drank it yesterday. What chaser? I didn't need a chaser. I could have drank the entire bottle. lol

Okay, I'll confess... I put apple cider vinegar on my beets when I eat them. So the vinegar wasn't bad for me. I'm going to continue to use it. I have felt like I may have a UTI, but never had the burning on urination. So, will continue to use the vinegar and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestion. I know I drank well over 1/4 of a cup of it.

Many hugs,
    Cat
    [This Message was Edited on 06/23/2005]
  10. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

Great thread.

I'm like Cat, I actually like the taste of vinegar. Always have.

I've also been getting a lot of UTI's lately. I'll definetly give this a try.

Thanks, Nanna!

Mar
  11. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

desertfog,
    I take the ACV on an empty stomach when I think about it several hours before dinner. Doesn't seem to bother my stomach at all. I just shake the ACV bottle and pour some in a cup and drink it. Kinda wakes you up if you know what I mean? lol

I'm sorry it makes your stomach sick. If you aren't used to it, maybe that is why. I don't know what to tell you now.

jih,
    I'm just drinking it. I don't seem to need a chaser.

Mar19,
    I was really feeling like I was getting the UTI and I feel a lot better now.
    I had no idea that ACV would do anything. We are just using generic ACV.

Acesnanna,
    I surely would like to thank you for the info about the ACV. Nanna you saved me an office visit and probably an Rx for ABX. Thank you so much! I am feeling ever so much better!

Hugs,
    Cat

12. naturebaby

naturebaby New Member

....I put in a good dash right in the coffee filter, not for health reasons, but because it smooths the coffee (can't afford the gourmet blends anymore!)
  13. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

I took a shot of ACV to see if it would help with what felt like the onset on another UTI. Seems like it has.

Funny thing though, I've had a sore throat (almost always do) -- when I drank the ACV down it burned the top of my throat where I could feel that it was sore, but I could also feel it burn *all the way down* OUCH! Didn't expect that.

Thankfully I did have a bottle of cold water at the ready. The taste of ACV wasn't a problem for me, but the burning, well.. it was quite unexpected. Guess I know what it does to the little buggers that cause the UTI. ::hehehe::

Mar

edit: Any thoughts or comments on why the ACV burned my throat/esophogas so much?
    [This Message was Edited on 06/26/2005]
  14. rt6176

rt6176 New Member

I even keep some at work. Its all natural and nontoxic.

Anytime my throat or tonsils start to get sore, I gargle with raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar diluted with water.

Gargle as long as possible then spit into a stoppered sink.
    The amber color spidery vein goo in the spit is causing the soreness. Initially it will hurt worse. then the pain fades away.

Repeat at intervals until you feel better.

RJay

15. raggedyann

raggedyann New Member

I heard a nutritionist on TV say that apple cider vinegar was good for acid reflux and heart burn. I had been on a prescription for these, but tried the vinegar, and it sure does work. I mix one half teaspoon in water and drink it, and within minutes the heartburn is gone. You can adjust the dosage as needed, and if you should get more than you need, a couple swallows of milk will fix you up. I believe we will all have to go back to natural remedies, with health care so costly.
  16. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I had a chiropracter tell me to try the vinegar, he said 1 teaspoon whenever I had symptoms. Also told me to stop my Nexium. I admit to being skeptical, I have had such bad reflux for years. I have not tried the vinegar remedy, but have not refilled my nexium. I was on 40 mg twice a day, plus carafate 4 times a day (carafate coats the stomach).

I have lost weight, so that may explain my reflux getting better. Yes, skinny people get reflux too, but being overweight puts more pressure on our abdomen.

If it acts up I am going to try the vinegar and see if it works. Seems weird to add something acidic when you already have too much acid.

Has anyone tried this for relux problems?
  17. raggedyann

raggedyann New Member

I,m assuming that you posted your message before reading mine. (If not, I'm sorry) Apple cider really does help acid reflux. If you haven't read my post , go to Raggedyann's post on "other uses for apple cider vinegar. Good Luck!

By the way, where are you in TN? I live in Morristown.
  18. GwenGlo

GwenGlo New Member

Several years ago I had a problem with heartburn, gas and the whole GI was not working.

I did the ACV for several weeks and everything corrected including losing weight.

Does anyone strain out the 'mother' if you are using organic vinegar?

The 'mother' is the glob of yeast which is left from the fermentation process. I can't believe one should consume it so I always strain it through a coffee filter.

Gwen
  19. petsrme

petsrme Member

I took a shot today and gave hubby one. I did it just the way you said and it worked. It sure is hard not to breathe in between. You just want to gasp. LOL! I honestly like the way it tastes but it burns like fire going down. I am a weird person. I love to drink funny stuff like Sauer Kraut juice. I will buy a can and just drink the juice. I also love pickle juice.

The cider really burns in my stomach and throat though. I have had a tummy ache since drinking it. Could it be the acid reacting to some bacteria or something or is that normal.