Aches and Pains Index

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by padre, Mar 27, 2007.

1. padre

padre New Member

The Weather Channel has a website which also includes an "aches and pains" index for each day. The index is based on barimetric pressure and changes in weather conditions. It runs from 1(0) to 10.

I know that some of you have posted about it in the past, but I am wondering if you have found it helpful? It does seem to correlate with my pain. While I always hurt,I start hurting more at about 3. 4's and 5's are bad, even though the site considers them "moderate".

Wondering if others follow it and where your tolerance is on the index. Is it helpful or hooey?
  2. pam112361

pam112361 New Member

Hi Padre! I have that particular setting when I bring up the Weather Channel website. I live in Tennessee where the weather is totally non-forecastable (not a word but sounds good!) and we normally have a "1" in the index which, from experience, just isn't right.

I woke up this past Sunday morning wondering whether it was going to storm or if a Mack truck had run over me during the night. It happened to be neither. I definitely have much worse pain when the weather is going to be bad but it never seems to show on the index of the Weather Channel's website. So for me, it is total hooey!

Gentle Hugs,
    Pam
  3. kjfms

kjfms Member

I have posted the Aches and Pains Index site here a few times. I didn't realize it had a message board -- oops.

I find it a very helpful indicator of what is to come. Of course it is not an exact science but then neither is forecasting the weather...LOL

It does however help me to plan my week a little if I can see that on Wednesday for example is going a little higher in pain than Tuesday -- I'll know to plan around it. I work so it does come it handy.

Everyone is different -- I use the pain index as I would going to hospital or physician 4-5 is moderate 9-10 would be the worst pain of my life -- but that is just me :) (Moderate is bad enough BTW).

Thanks,

Karen :)
  4. padre

padre New Member

Thank you for your responses. I am beginning to think the site is a little like horoscopes. The only time I look at it is when I feel crummy. No matter was it says I either think it is right on or totally wrong, but accept it none-the-less. Thanks again.
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

I think you are right we have a 50/50 chance...LOL

Take care,

Karen :)