Achey Arms......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by moose1070, Aug 28, 2003.

1. moose1070

moose1070 New Member

Im about ready to just give up!!!
    Im tired of hereing, "if it's not one thing, it's another" words from my husband! I posted earlier about how im so tired all the time and now this afternoon from my shoulders to my fingers just ache!!! they are sore and it hurts even for my to type on the computer, I can not life my arms over my head?? What is going on?? My mind is gone, I know that is the Fibro Fog and I dont like that, im 32 years old for pete's sacke!!!!! I feel like im a 132yrs. Dose this stop? dose it get any better or any im just gonna get so bad that im gonna winde up a ball of nothing in bed? I have to go for my MRI saturday, the last one, checking for MS! What comes nexted with the wonderful DX?? Im sorry im being such a stick in the mudd but my arms hurt and ache so bad,my legs feel like there on fire and im so sleepy!!!! Dose it get any better??
    thanks for listening
    Moose1070
  2. tlc8858

tlc8858 New Member

Hi, I hear ya, my arms have been really achy the past few days and it is driving me nuts. It does get better sometimes, it sounds like you are in a flare, and you just have to ride it out.
    hugs to you
    tlc8858
  3. erkymm

erkymm New Member

hello get on the magnesium as soon as possible, take as much as you can until you get diarhea, then back off on the amount you are up to. start at 500mg a day three times .do you have mps to ? this is usally a symtom . good luck.
  4. chubby

chubby New Member

You may want to read my post from yesterday about Cytomax. It virtually eliminated all my pain in 2 days. It's supposed to help remove lactic acid from the body. It made a big difference for me. Chubby
  5. aussie1

aussie1 New Member

hi moose,
    i know how you feel but i am 52 & i don't know what will become of me either.
    my arms are very sore & i cannot lift mine up over shoulder level.it feels like the pain is in the shoulder joints.i am on meds to help me achieve the deep sleep, i am only hoping that the pain will lessen then.
    also my legs are really sore & of a night i have to use 2 walking sticks to walk.
    you are not alone in your pain as this dreaded disease can make you feel like you are alone but there are so many others with it.it also isolates you from your normal activates.
    take care,
    aussie1
  6. Dara

Dara New Member

travels down into my hands and fingers. What has helped me is when trying to sleep is to put a pillow under each shoulder so that they are elevated. For some reason, as soon as I lay down the pain gets worse. Other nights I sleep sitting up in a recliner with an ice pack on each shoulder.

Dara
  7. Pindooca

Pindooca New Member

... but they always feel heavier than they should. My hands and wrists usually feel numb in the morning and most of the day. My chiropractor feels this is due to nerve pinching, and I believe him, as it goes away after he adjusts me. I just wish it would last :(
  8. Hauck

Hauck New Member

i hear what you say. if u ever hwat to chaat i am on aol as tielsandtoos or yahoo as lorihauck..im me or email me anytime..hauck@comcast.net I was diagnosed last week with Lupus now just to get into a doc.....all booked untill end of oct....and i am in pain and tired and disgusted.....i need positive thinking but it is hard, U R not alone~~Lori
  9. Hauck

Hauck New Member

i hear what you say. if u ever what to chat i am on aol as tielsandtoos or yahoo as lorihauck..im me or email me anytime..hauck@comcast.net I was diagnosed last week with Lupus now just to get into a doc.....all booked untill end of oct....and i am in pain and tired and disgusted.....i need positive thinking but it is hard, U R not alone~~Lori
  10. DMBrox

DMBrox New Member

I have been dx for a couple months now and the first symptom I got (other than vulvar vestibulitis and that is whole other story...) was achy arms. I played golf with my mom one day and my arms started hurting and never stopped. It's really frustrating for me to becuase I am a writer at a newspaper and I have to type constantly. If I'm not typing I'm driving somewhere (using my arms) to interview someone where I'll have to write (using my arms again) a mile a minute just to keep up with what they are saying.
    Once I got on desipramine they started feeling better. They still ache almost everyday, just not as much.
    One of the tips I got from this message board that has really help is getting into water. Go swimming or sit in the hot tub. Just make sure to get into water that goes up to your shoulders. It works, sometimes better than others. It's a frustrating disease. If all else fails get you husband to massage you arms from the shoulder to the hands. That helps me too. Good luck.
    If I find anything else that works I'll let ya know. Arm pain is the Worst!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/02/2003]
  11. CyndeRN

CyndeRN New Member

My gosh! You just described the arm pain that I experience!! Here are some ideas: 1) hot tub 2) Lidoderm patches 3)Massage 3) Sitting in a recliner with pillows under my arms to elevate them. I do hope you find pain relief quickly!
    Cynde
  12. BeachWalkr

BeachWalkr New Member

Hi Moose! :)

I'm having a terrible time with my arms too.. tons of pain and they feel like lead weights.. can't hold my arms up to do anything.. taking a shower is a chore.. My shoulders hurt badly and sometimes at night I wake up to one arm being "stuck".. hurts like crazy and I can't move it alone, so I have to use my other arm to move the "stuck" one. It hurts!

My left arm has been hurting and very weak for over a month now.. can't hold a plate, pick up anything, open a jar... I'm frustrated and angry! I've had it over 23 yrs now. I'm 57 and feel 90 at the moment... my fibro fog is awful, my vision is severely affected, plus I was diagnosed with MS last year.. my MRI showed plaque in my spinal cord and deep white matter scatterings in my brain.

Several years ago I tested positive for Lupus but have since tested negative.. go figure. Anyway, I relate to your pain and frustration and if you'd like to chat, I'm on AOL's instant messenger as BeachWalkr46 and MSN messenger as BeachWalkr.. my e-mail is BeachWalkr@msn.com. I'd be happy to hear from you to compare notes.. or should I say pains! Keep smilin! .. a sense of humor is vital and hugs are healing!

God bless,
    Sue in FL
  13. Eve612

Eve612 New Member

That's one of my many symptoms now. Just raising my arms over my head to put drops in my eyes or to fix my hair makes them just ache. This extreme fatigue is about to get the best of me too, so I sympathize...

Eve
  14. hope-floats

hope-floats New Member

I'm sorry for the rest of you, but knowing that you all suffer this pain makes me feel like I'm not alone with this.
    So far I haven't really found anything that seems to relieve this for me. I do notice that I try to adjust my arms when sitting to find a comfort zone...no luck.

Good luck everyone!
  15. libra55

libra55 New Member

I can't lift my arms over my head either. Shampooing or brushing my hair is a chore, can't blow dry it, forget about setting it in rollers, those days are long gone. I wear it pretty short so I don't have to deal with it. My arms ache worse some days than others. Haven't been too bad lately. But they are always heavy.

Best wishes,
    Michelle