Achey wrist/arm - childhood indication?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ali-may, Sep 27, 2002.

1. ali-may

ali-may New Member

Sometimes when I feel really bad from my fatigue, my wrist aches - and the achiness spreads down to my fingers and right up to my shoulder. It only happens on the left arm, and it seems to be worse on the joints. By now I've figured out that this is one of my symptoms. (It also gets worse during a Herxheimer reaction).

A couple of questions:
    1. Do I have slight fibro along with the CFS?

2. As a child, I had the same achiness in the same spot - sometimes so bad the only thing that would relieve it was if my mother put my arm in a sling for the day (elevating it seemed to help). The doctor tested me for arthritis, but there was no inflammation and he couldn't find anything wrong. It eventually went away and didn't come back until very recently. I'm wondering if this was a childhood indication of what was going to happen to me later in life! Did I have slight fibro in childhood?

3. Is this kind of achiness related to Candida? I'm doing an anti-candida regimen right now, and my wrist and arm got very sore during the Herxheimer reaction. If it is Candida-related, does this mean I had a yeast infection when I was young?

I've always searched for an answer for my childhood "achey wrist", so I hope someone can answer me!

Thanks,
    Alison
  2. ali-may

ali-may New Member

Sometimes when I feel really bad from my fatigue, my wrist aches - and the achiness spreads down to my fingers and right up to my shoulder. It only happens on the left arm, and it seems to be worse on the joints. By now I've figured out that this is one of my symptoms. (It also gets worse during a Herxheimer reaction).

A couple of questions:
    1. Do I have slight fibro along with the CFS?

2. As a child, I had the same achiness in the same spot - sometimes so bad the only thing that would relieve it was if my mother put my arm in a sling for the day (elevating it seemed to help). The doctor tested me for arthritis, but there was no inflammation and he couldn't find anything wrong. It eventually went away and didn't come back until very recently. I'm wondering if this was a childhood indication of what was going to happen to me later in life! Did I have slight fibro in childhood?

3. Is this kind of achiness related to Candida? I'm doing an anti-candida regimen right now, and my wrist and arm got very sore during the Herxheimer reaction. If it is Candida-related, does this mean I had a yeast infection when I was young?

I've always searched for an answer for my childhood "achey wrist", so I hope someone can answer me!

Thanks,
    Alison