Aching arms and shoulders

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pofolks, Jul 16, 2009.

1. pofolks

pofolks New Member

Talking to others lately am finding many suffer from extremely painful arms and shoulders, to the point of not being able to use them. I find I can no longer push the shopping cart for groceries, empty or full, so my husband has had to step in there. At first thought pains related to over use of arms but also find on days when I haven't had any energy, unable to do much more than lift a cup, that arms and shoulders are still a steady throbbing ache. I am not alone but no one seems to know what this is or what to do about it. Anyone else experiencing this problem and if so, is there a solution? Sure could use something for this. So far this is the hardest part as we use our arms for so much.
  2. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

Do you have a specific diagnosis of fibro? What sort of testing was done before you got your dx?

My fibro is concentrated in the upper half of my body. I've got a trauma component, plus autoimmune crap going on.

Thyroid meds are most helpful to my shoulder pain. Whenever my shoulders flare up at present, I know I either need a retest & increase in my thyroid hormone replacement therapy, OR I need to cut back on certain foods that interfere with thyroid function. For example, any more than a small amt of peanut or soy & the shoulders start acting up.

If you haven't had really thorough thyroid & adrenal function testing, you owe it to yourself to push for that to rule out the possibility that there may be easily treatable components to your pain.

Best wishes.