Aching feet 4 things that help mine.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chloediane, May 18, 2006.

1. chloediane

chloediane New Member

My feet ache and throb 24-hours-a-day. Here is what helps me.

1. Reflexology. I don’t know whether it is the procedure itself or having someone massage them, but it relieves the pain. I can’t afford it anymore since I’m no longer working, but for those who can afford it, it’s well worth a try.

2. Reflexology sandals. Sensi makes thong sandals with a textured insole that I live in. I have an indoor pair and an outdoor pair. The pressure points feel good on my feet and relieve the pain. Sensi also makes them as strap sandles and in a variety of styles and colors.

3. Lidocaine patches 5%. Doctor’s prescription. They are approximately 4" x 7," and I use masking tape to tape one to the bottom of each foot.

4. Battery-operated Massager.

I don’t think any of these “remedies” will harm, at least they haven’t damaged me, and may provide others with some relief.

Best regards,
    Diane

[This Message was Edited on 05/18/2006]
  2. place

place New Member

I had painful feet and it was the result of my calfs having tiny little knots in them.

I have found using the "spray and stretch" method used by doc and PT's to be wonderful.

I had to get a script from my pcp for the spray.
  3. momof471

momof471 New Member

It helps me to do heel raises. You just stand on your feet and go up on your toes and back down. I started off with 10 daily and am now up to 15 after 3 weeks. It stretches those muscles out. The pain doesn't go away totally but it makes it much better. Icing the feet also works wonders!
  4. chloediane

chloediane New Member

Thanks for the helpful suggestions and for taking the time to respond. I will try them and see what happens. My PCP sent me to a podiatrist who told me I had the skinniest, boniest feet he had ever seen. He had an assistant tape them like a mummy and told me to keep them taped. That lasted until I got home and cut the tape off. They were itching like crazy, guess I was allergic. So, I found my own remedies and now I have more to try. Again, many thanks for the responses.

Diane
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Thanks for this post my husband stands all day on some days in surgery and poor thing comes home in such pain.it last for days and then hes back in surgery standing again.
    Maybe some of these things will help
  6. chloediane

chloediane New Member

4everkid:

Thanks for the detailed reply. I actually wear Saucony's, but whatever is being discontinued and on sale, not anything special. It never occurred to me to look on ebay. I will give your suggestions careful consideration. Many thanks.

Carebelle:

Received some really good suggestions to try. Hope some of them will help your husband. Thanks for responding.

Best regards,
    Diane
  7. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

if your feet ever get cold or hot, and have color changes, either red or almost a bluish color when my feet are hanging down from a chair. It is not fun at all. The Pain Management doctor thinks it is RSD. Just wondered if anyone else have these symptoms with their feet.

Thank you - Laura

8. chloediane

chloediane New Member

Hi Laura,

I don't have any of the symptoms you mention --- thank goodness. Sorry can't furnish any info, maybe another reader will come up with some.

Regards,
    Diane