Aching Legs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Feb 22, 2007.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Aching Legs:

I have such aching legs. Does anyone else have this.
    I have such pain in them that sometimes it goes into my hips and have to sit down.

Am I the only one?

thank you

nyrofan
  2. Shalala

Shalala New Member

... it goes into my hips and have to sit down.

Now it goes into my hips sitting.
  3. gnanny

gnanny New Member

That ache really gets to me. I have found something that works for most of the time.
    I cant remember where I got the recomendation to try it, sorry. Anyway its a homeopathic medication you can buy at a health food store or online at Heel.com

Its called Traumeel. Made by Heel. For muscular pain and bruising. soft tissue type of injury. Works well on that ache. Its not a pain pill type of medication, its a small tablet you let melt under your tongue. I find that it loosens my muscles
    and then the pain eases up.aaah.

I had read it was good for healing tissue after surgery too. I had a cyst removed and took the Traumeel regularily afterward. Best incision healing I have ever had. Nice and flat, no welt, no itch.

No, I dont work for Heel, I have no medical expertise. Just passing along something that works for me. Gives me some releif from that deep ache. Inexpensive too.

take care, stephanie
    [This Message was Edited on 02/22/2007]
  4. gnanny

gnanny New Member

Since you are already familiar with homeopathic remedies you will notice the subtle releif probably sooner than those used to stronger pain meds.

I hope it works for you.
    best wishes
  5. MsE

MsE New Member

Count me among those with a lot of leg ache. It wakes me at night.
    What's in Traumeel? (Did I get the name right?) I have to avoid anything that can aggravate blood pressure and glaucoma.
  6. gnanny

gnanny New Member

You ask whats in traumeel.... the print on the bottle is too small for me today. I can make out some words that remind me of the latin names of flowers when I gardened.

If you google Heel you can read on their site about the Traumeel.

Hope that will give you the information you need.
  7. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

Mine starts in my hips (actually, top of my "bum"), and goes down. LOTS of stretching. Sometimes 1/2 to 1 hour of stretching hips, lower back and legs. It is time consuming, but helps.

Joann
  8. tandy

tandy New Member

I acually did'nt know if it was more a Fibro thing or a GYNO issue.
    I have Endometriosis as well as FM, and I'm not sure which one is causing all the leg aches!??
    and nothing seems to help.
    Rest and heat.
    thats about it.
    My legs ache like I ran 5 miles~
    When I'm laying down I can feel it in my one hip and low back as well. when I'm up and about,... its all leg pain.

Hope your pain eases up for you~
    Hugs
    Tandy
  9. sugarpeach

sugarpeach New Member

I too have terrible leg pain especially my left leg. This has been going on for about 6 weeks and continues to get worse. Nothing seems to help. Sitting or laying down makes it worse but my fatigue makes it difficult to stay up for too long. The pain is hard to describe because it isnt just achy but sometimes sharp and burning. My feet are also killing me.
    I am going to be getting a lower back xray to make sure my bulging discs are not causing this and also an ultra sound so they can be sure it is not my veins.

The meds I am taking ( but they do not help with this pain it feels too deep inside)Lyrica 100mg 3x a day,Avinza 90 mg 1x a day and percocet 10mg 4x a day. The lyrica has made me gain 7 pds in 1 month,the avinza makes me feel removed from things and I am now falling asleep while teaching and the percocet only helps me have temporary pain relief for a few hours.
    Sorry to go on. Looking for ideas that may help. Peace to all.Susan
  10. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

So good...

Thank you for your input on Traumeel and the other things one can do for this horrible leg pain.

I am so glad that I am not the only one fighting this terrible feeling.

I really can not stand for it. They hurt that much.

I hope all are having a wonderful day today.

nyrofan
  11. greatgran

greatgran Member

Nyrofan, can't give any advise or help but sure can relate to your suffering..

My legs ache so bad especially at night, and when sitting..Then I will have days of no leg pain..few and far between..

I have CFS and my achy legs have been my worst pain..Oh, when I take an antibodic I don't have the pain..

Have no answers but sure can relate.

God bless,
    greatgran
  12. jmq

jmq New Member

Yup, I have very painful legs too...mostly in the morning and very very bad a night or as soon I get into bed to relax. If it was not for this board to distract me, I would be crazier than a loon by now from it. It is an ache...sometimes a burning, and sometimes sharp charly horse type pain. I have a new leg symptom where both my outer theighs get numb. I hate it all. Only thing that helps is Tramadol and skellaxin. ( hope I spelled it right)

Hope you get some relief from the suggestions on here. At least you know you are not alone.

jmq
  13. skikat

skikat New Member

OH GOSH! THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST PART OF THE DISEASES FOR ME .MY LEGS HURT ALL THE WAY TO THE BONE AND ACTUALLY I THOUGHT IT WAS INTO THE CENTER OF THE BONE. THEY CHECKED ME FOR CANCER AND PADGETS DISEASE BUT NO, IT WASNT EITHER OF THEM. IT AMAZES ME THAT YOU CAN HURT LIKE THIS AND STILL LOOK NORMAL. IT REALLY DOES. OVER THE COURSE OF 40 YEARS , I JUST KNEW MOST OF THE TIME THAT I HAD A DREAD DISEASE THAT THEY JUST COULDNT FIND. BUT I HAVE HAD THIS ALL OF MY LIFE NEARLY SO I DONT KNOW HOW REGULAR CIVILIANS FEEL. THAT IS WHAT I CALL PEOPLE WHO DONT HAVE THE PAIN. (CIVILIANS) LOL BUT I HAVE PRAYED AT TIMES FOR GOD TO JUST TAKE ME WHEN IT GETS SO BAD THAT THE MOANING AND SCREAMING STARTS WITH THE BREAKTHROUGH PAIN. THE MORPHINE NOR PERCOCET WONT TOUCH IT. SOME PEOPLE ,I GUESS, DONT GET THAT BAD. OTHERS MAYBE WORSE. I DONT KNOW. BUT THIS I DO KNOW. IF PEOPLE ONLY KNEW, WHAT THEY WERE JUDGEING WHEN THEY DISCUSS US, THEY WOULD BE SCARED TO RAISE THIER VOICE AGAINST US. JUST IN CASE THAT "WHAT GOES AROUND ", REALLY DOES "come around".i pray that it never strikes one more person on this earth, but i know that it will, so i just ask GOD for the grace to help all of us with whatever our cross is for each day. life is still worth living no matter what the cost. hugs to all ...ski
  14. tandy

tandy New Member

:)
    I should try that traumeel. I have heard alot of good
    things about that product.
    But if its anything along the line of arnica,...?
    I tried that cream and it did nothing for me.
    Alot of members were sayin it worked great,... I bought it and nothing~

It makes me leary about everything cause I've spent alot of $ trying things that don't work.

I've heard good things about Hylands products too.
    ??? what to do??
    see,..I told ya I was thinking/talking to myself outloud.
    Hugs
    Tandy :)
  15. greatgran

greatgran Member

My legs are aching so bad today, its a deep throbbing ache to the bone from my hips to my ankles and at time they feel so heavy..Oh, on each side of my thighs it hurts to lay on my side or to touch..ever had this?

I have had CFS for 7 years and leg aches from time to time but not an everyday ache like now..

Debating on going to the doc but ache to bad to go..It seems its one thing after another with this DD with no answers..Then many times I wonder if its all the disease, maybe they have missed something.

Just wondering if you have found anything to take that helps with the pain.. If so would you please let me know..

Hope you are having an ache free day..

God Bless,
    greatgran
  16. mscindy

mscindy New Member

Since I only started reading this msg. board last week you can imagine my ecstacy to see that so many other people have the EXACT same pain that I live with. I don't have i-net at home, so I lock my office door and get right on in the morning. It moves me to tears-literally to read all of your posts. My legs hurt all the time. WHen I am in a bad state (as I am currently), My left whole left side-leg, hip, shoulder and face hurts as if I was just slammed into a wall. I have had this for more than 20 years. It is soothing to read that I am not alone. I don't take anything at all, but when I'm really miserable I take ibuprofin, which does help. I need to start some natural regimen, but am also limited somewhat by cost. I'm not sure what to start with. Any suggestions?!
  17. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I take Requip twice a day and it takes care of my leg pain completely.

I tried the homeopathic remedy and it did not help.

abbylee
    [This Message was Edited on 05/01/2007]
  18. LaQuiet

LaQuiet New Member

..up Traumeel and got a list of the ingredients... :O

Traumeelâ„¢ homeopathic tablets contain in each 300 mg tablet:

Belladonna 4X 75 mg
    Arnica montana radix 3X 40 mg
    Aconitum napellus 3X 30 mg
    Chamomilla 3X 24 mg
    Symphytum officinale 8X 24 mg
    Calendula officinalis 2X 15 mg
    Hamamelis virginina 2X 15 mg
    Millefolium 2X 15 mg
    Hepar sulphuris calcareum 8X 15 mg
    Mercurius solubilis 8X 15 mg
    Hypericum perforatum 3X 8 mg
    Bellis perennis 2X 6 mg
    Echinacea augustifolia 2X 6 mg
    Echinacea purpurea 2X 6 mg

Each 100 ml of Traumeelâ„¢ oral drops contains:

Belladonna 4X 5 ml
    Arnica montana radix 3X 10 ml
    Aconitum napellus 3X 5 ml
    Chamomilla 3X 5 ml
    Symphytum officinale 8X 5 ml
    Calendula officinalis 2X 2 ml
    Hamamelis virginina 2X 2 ml
    Millefolium 2X 2 ml
    Hepar sulphuris calcareum 8X 2 ml
    Mercurius solubilis 8X 2 ml
    Hypericum perforatum 3X 2 ml
    Bellis perennis 2X 2 ml
    Echinacea augustifolia 2X 2 ml
    Echinacea purpurea 2X 2 ml

Traumeelâ„¢ Ointment contains in each 100 grams:

Belladonna 3X 1.0 gm
    Arnica montana radix 3X 1.5 gm
    Aconitum napellus 3X 1.0 gm
    Chamomilla 1X 0.5 gm
    Symphytum officinale 4X 0.1 gm
    Calendula officinalis 1X 1.5 gm
    Hamamelis virginina 1X 1.5 gm
    Millefolium 1X 0.3 gm
    Hepar sulphuris calcareum 8X 0.25 gm
    Mercurius solubilis 8X 0.12 gm
    Hypericum perforatum 6X 0.09 gm
    Bellis perennis 1X 0.5 gm
    Echinacea augustifolia 1X 0.5 gm
    Echinacea purpurea 1X 0.5 gm

I don't know about the rest of you but belladonna scares me... This is part of what I found on Wiki----You might check it out for yourself though...

Deadly nightshade or belladonna (Atropa belladonna) is a well-known perennial shrub, with leaves and berries that are highly toxic. It is in the nightshade family (Solanaceae), which it shares with potatoes, tomatoes, eggplants, jimsonweed, tobacco, and chili peppers. In addition, Solanum nigrum is also called Deadly nightshade.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/01/2007]

I also looked up 'Mercurius solubilis' and found this...
    "Mercurius solubilis means fluid mercury or quicksilver."[This Message was Edited on 05/01/2007]
  19. DemonFairy

DemonFairy New Member

jam,

Is it really necessary to bring back numerous posts from the dead just so you can keep repeating that you're taking Rhus Tox in all of them? Why don't you just start a new thread about it, so you can just say it once, instead of bringing up five year old threads? Honestly, I don't care what you're taking - if helps, good for you, but I do care that suddenly years' old threads are popping back up just so you can repeat the same thing in each of them.