ACHY...A QUESTION FOR YOU...?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pamela, Sep 28, 2002.

1. pamela

pamela New Member

Hi there!! I was just wondering about your pain med you mentioned in a post. You mentioned the oxycontin you are taking...is that the one everybody gets in a hype about? I was just wondering because I am taking Lorcet 10 and I take 3-4 a day, it helps for the most part but it sometimes does not help. Does your meds work? Do you go to a pain mgt. doc? I was just wondering because I don't know how long my pain meds are going to work and how long the doc will help me. thank you pamela
  2. pamela

pamela New Member

Hi there!! I was just wondering about your pain med you mentioned in a post. You mentioned the oxycontin you are taking...is that the one everybody gets in a hype about? I was just wondering because I am taking Lorcet 10 and I take 3-4 a day, it helps for the most part but it sometimes does not help. Does your meds work? Do you go to a pain mgt. doc? I was just wondering because I don't know how long my pain meds are going to work and how long the doc will help me. thank you pamela
  3. achy

achy New Member

Yes, Oxycontin is the drug your thinking of. Oxycontin is a long acting oxycondone without the asperin/tylenol/or ibuprophen added. I took Lortabs, helped for a while, but bothered my stomach. The Oxy works great. I take 20 mgs 2X day. If I get breakthru pain I take a percocet7.5 around 2:00. I don't go to a pain mgt doc...just my regular GP. Lucky for me he is well educated in FM/CF and willing to work with me.
    The only reason Oxy gets a bad rap is because the "druggies" cut the pills or even shoot them up to get high. If you cut the pills you get the whole dose at once, therefore get "buzzed".
    I have no sedation, buzz, or anything from them, but then again I have severe pain.
    Hope this helps..bad fog today and a rotten cold to boot.
    Warm fuzzies
    Calla