ACID REFLUX DOES ANYBODY HAVE IT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jg004o6371, Nov 20, 2006.

1. jg004o6371

jg004o6371 New Member

HELLO EVERY1

HI DOES ANYBODY HAVE ACID REFLUX,I HAVE IT RESITE ITS NOT NICE IT SCARED ME HAD 2 CALL IN MEDICS BCAUSE I COULDNT BREATH,BCAUSE IT CLOSES UR CHEST RIBS SO U LOSE UR BREATH,ITS VERY PAINFUL AS WELL,I TAKE LANSOPROLZE FOR IT,
  2. Clay2

Clay2 New Member

I have acid reflux to the point that my esophagus eroded. I couldn't swallow, food would just get stuck in when my esophagus went into spasm. The pain can get to be like a charlie horse in its intensity. Ouch.

The worst part is that it becomes pre-cancerous if you let it go. I'm glad you are on medicine to control it. I'm on pantaprozole. I wish I had started on something a lot sooner, before the damage was done.
  3. leubie

leubie New Member

i do have it as well--------i get the hic-ups, then burning,feel like i cant breathe.etc--------alot--------i take rx zantac------hope this works----------love to all-------laura
  4. llcornwell

llcornwell New Member

Yep I got it too. Another symptom of FM! I take acidphex once a day. It works great. I also eat tums when it gets too bad. Love the creamy orange ones!
    ~Lori
  5. monamea

monamea New Member

To all who have acid reflux or GERD,

Please get to your Dr. and get treated for these. My brother waited to long and ended with cancer of the throat and a year later died from it. He was in so much pain and quite eating because of it, there wasn't much left of him when he died. He kept putting of seeing the Dr. and kept taking tums and otc pills, which didn't do the job. So please don't wait go see a Dr.