Acid reflux with FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Miles, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Miles

Miles New Member

Hi! I was here a couple of weeks ago. A friend of my husband is a Pharmist & he is taking PH drops so the body becomes more alkanine instead of Acid. They are really helping him. So I have started them too, what I would like to ask is has anyone been on them too & I take Precavid & Pep AC, do you think I should still take these with the PH drops? Thank you Deb
  2. judywhit

judywhit New Member

I have Acid reflux also along with fms. Do not take the drops. My AR is managable with tagament and an elevated bed. You might want to consider taking the tagament as it is also an anti-viral. Many believe that this DD is caused by a irus. Nothinkg like killing two birds with one stone.
    Judy
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

As I've said so many times before here, most people stop making enough stomach acid as they get older. The problem is not too much but too little for 2/3 of the people dx'd with GERD.
    Digestive enzymes and calcium citrate with every meal will slowly but surely clear it up, and drugs are not needed.
    Acid blocking drugs can cause hyperplasia, a precancerous condition. It is not natural for your stomach to be without acid, and removing it not only increases this risk, but also aggravates the malabsorbtion that most of us have as well.
    Klutzo
  4. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

I have FM and athritis & my acid reflux has gotten worse since taking Naproxen (Aleve) - I take Prilosec with it but still get some reflux. Never heard of PH drops but would I'd like to check them out.

Klutzo - you have a good point about blocking the acid but I'm wondering will the Digestive enzymes and calcium citrate help if also taking anti-inflammatories like Naproxen?

I have been increasing my MSM hoping I can do without the Naproxen but some days are really bad on the joints.

Blessings,
    Shaky
  5. rosebud41298

rosebud41298 New Member

IT SEEMS FIBRO HAS SO MANY SYMPTOMS. I, TOO HAVE ACID REFLUX. I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL MEDS. FOR IT AM NOW TAKING PREVACID, WHICH IS BEST. SOME INSURANCES DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR IT AND IF ONE HAS A PROBLEM AND THATS THE ONLY ONE THAT WORKS YOU HAVE DR. TELL INS. THAT THAT IS THE ONLY ONE YOU CAN TAKE. THEN THEY PAY FOR IT. GOOD LUCK

[ advertisement ]