acidophilus and yogurt )))HELP(((

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sues1, Feb 15, 2006.

1. sues1

sues1 New Member

I am confused........I read something while browsing that sounded as if acidophilus had the same properties as Yogurt.

I somehow do not think so....not the same, but I have to check on that. Yogurt makes me very ill......Even if I have a little in a dish someone cooked and I did not know it......I get extreme stomach cramps....nausea.......stomach feels as if it is being tore.
    That will last up to a couple of full days and I am down and out...

I was allergic to milk as a youngster......could not keep it down. But I can use a little skim milk and that is okay.

My concern is that I know Yogurt can do some of the same things as taking acidophilus....but that the latter is better.......but will this acidophilus possibly give me these reactions? thanks for reading this..HELP /LOL
    [This Message was Edited on 02/16/2006]
  2. hdbubblehead

hdbubblehead New Member

good question. I don't know. (both have a similar bacteria growth)
    I can ask my Mom. I will let you know in a few days if there is info. (she studies these things intensely)
    Take Care.
  3. Txslady

Txslady New Member

I cannot eat yogurt, but I have had no problems with DanActive. I also take acidophilus.

Shannon
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I take the Jarrow-Dophilus and it works especially well.

Love, Mikie
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

So you should be fine. I use Cal'dophilus by Natural Factors, Jarro-dophilus, and Primal Defense, all are non dairy.

Jeanne