ACK! I'm Sick

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I awoke with a sore throat which feels like sandpaper, swollen glands, sweating, and headache from hell. I feel as though I am coming down with something. I'm on antibiotics and an antiviral med, so I wasn't expecting this. It's possible it just the worst Herx I've ever been through, but I'm not taking any chances. I've been chewing vitamin C and sucking on zinc lozenges with eccinacea. I'm about to go lie down and crank up my zapper just in case I've picked up a virus of some kind which isn't affected by the Famvir. This crap just never ends.

I'll let y'all know what it turns out to be. One way or another, I'll get rid of whatever it is. See y'all tomorrow.

Love, Mikie
  2. suz41

suz41 New Member

Mickie:

Sorry to hear you are feeling so lousy, hopwe it doesn't last to long and your back to your self. Please focus on taking care of you. You are very available for all of us here and greatly appreciated . Will be thinking about you and praying for a SPEEDY RECOVERY.
    hugs

Suz
  3. Reg1

Reg1 New Member

I went thru that exact same throat, glands sweating, neck looked like a duck. Of course, then i had just been dx with fibro, so i didnt take a chance, i went to my ENT. Do you know he could not find any infection. Anyways, he did give me prednisone and chalked it up to what else "FM" Get better soon dear. ((((((((((Gentle Hugs))))))))))) Reg
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I just went through this, too---the sandpaper throat, headache, tooth & earache----mine ended up being a sinus infection diagnosed by my dentist (I went to see him because of the tooth pain on my right side---my x-ray showed cloudy-looking sinuses on that side above my teeth, compared to clear on the other side). A few days of antibiotic & I felt better.

Hope whatever's messing you up gets better soon!! Hope you feel better!

Hugs,
    Pam
  5. tansy

tansy New Member

you're feeling so poorly.

Hope the zapper works and things start to settle soon.

Take care now

Love

Tansy

[This Message was Edited on 07/10/2003]
  6. granmakitty12

granmakitty12 New Member

Take care of yourself. We are all thinking of you and pray for a speedy recovery. You are important to all of us.
    Love, Granmakitty
  7. shell

shell New Member

Sorry to hear your sick ! Appreciate all your responses to my posts!!!
  8. dsames

dsames New Member

Sorry to hear you are feeling so badly, hope your zapper does the job for you.

Try to find some time for you and get some rest Sounds like a virus, and of course antibiotics do not seem to work on virus.

You are in my prayers.
    Love Shirley
  9. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Hi Mikie,
    I'm sorry your not feeling better! You've had a rough time of it lately :-(
    On the East coast there is a nasty stomach bug going around.
    From DC down to Florida.
    Reading the other posts sounds like maybe you have caught a different one going around.
    Geesh,
    Take Good Care and I hope you recover quickly.
    Ziggy
  10. dd

dd New Member

I hope you feel better soon. Said a little prayer for ya.

BTW...lunch sounds great when we are all feeling better. I can't wait.

Love,

Debbie
  11. stillfighting

stillfighting New Member

Sorry you're feeling so bad. This sounds like what I had a few weeks ago--turned out to be strep and a sinus infection. My doc gave me some really strong antibiotics, and it still took a couple of weeks to clear. You may want to check with your doc in case you need a different antibiotic from the one your taking. Hope you feel better soon!
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Obviously, whether it's a virus or a bacterium, it's not affected by the Doxy or the Famvir. My temperature is lower this morning and I feel slightly better, so I'm hoping everything I am doing is kicking a little pathogen ass. Otherwise, I will call my doc.

Again, thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers. You guys are the greatest!

Love, Mikie
  13. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Mikie,

Hope you are feeling better as soon as possible! Take care of yourself and rest, rest, REST!

Hugs,

Kim
  14. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

Oh yes, if it is not 1 "thang", it`s another!! We were going to name our boat that didn`t though.

Hope you will be feeling better soon. I know you wanted to get to work this mo.

Take Care and rest those tired old muscles etc.

Huggssssss
  15. bamboo

bamboo New Member

sending your kindness back at you. hope you recuperate quickly. will be thinking good thoughts for you.
    take care,
    julia
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I did feel better this morning and went to pick up an Rx and get some groceries. After that, I was wiped and slept like a coma the rest of the day pretty much. If not better on Mon., I'll call the doc. Thanks, everyone, for your prayers and good wishes.

Love, Mikie