ACL reconstruction--anyone else have experience with knee surgery

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by griswoldgirl, Mar 1, 2003.

1. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

I am still recovering from surgery and will be for another 2 to 3 months before I can return to work. It has been a long haul-have been out since Sept 5th and am going crazy!!!!

I have had 3 surgeries to the knee and I think the third was the charm. I have to do my exercises daily religiously and progress will come. I call my PT physical torture instead of physical therapy LOL. But I must admit I am getting stronger every day.

I am back to the books studying for my boards for ultrasound now that my knee reguires less pain meds. I am hoping to return to work fully registered by June. I miss my patients.

This was a blessing in disguise. I have finally gotten some of the rest that I needed after pushing with fibro for years way too hard through a hysterectomy and cspine fusion surgery. i went from 2 years of school that were really hard (which included one surgery to remove right ovary due to endometriosis) straight to work in a very stressful job and lousy employer and have never really slowed down with all my ailments on top of the fibro. the rest has done my fibro well--less bad days lately.

anywho was curious if anyone has some suggestions to help things along. I am stretching to get range of motion back and following the protocol set up by my doc at Duke UNiversity. I take glucosamine and chondroitin daily and my usual vitamins and do water exercise(walk in pool etc)--just wondered if anyone else with fibro has been through this and can offer any pearls of wisdom.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post--I hope all are well.

Remember the good days are a blessing!

cathy aka griswoldgirl