acne

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beckula, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Beckula

Beckula New Member

This may have been discussed before...but is acne play a part in fibromyalgia? Or another similar disease?

Just curious.
  2. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

but I did not have this much acne when I was a teen. This is ridiculous at 46.LOL! I know hormones play a major part in this or maybe it also is the medications.FM also raises our stress levels.
  3. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

causes acne. I'm not sure if any other hormones might do that.

Francie
  4. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

I had bad acne as a teenager (now 26) and I tried everything, antibiotics (topical and oral), going on the pill, potions and lotions and I even tried putting toothpaste on!
    Finally after much deliberation I went on the hardcore acne drug Roaccutane, not sure what it is called in the US but it cleared up my acne and I don't regret taking it for one second.

I don't think acne plays a part in FM as so many people suffer from it, but I think if FM causes your hormones to go out of whack then you can blame it on that.
    A very good remedy for acne is tea tree oil, you can rub the pure 100% on spots, I did my masters degree on that and have first hand proof that it works.

Good luck!
    Phoebe
  5. Beckula

Beckula New Member

I use a product called "Acne Free" that has helped with clearing up the acne, but of course, it doesn't get to the root of the problem.

Thanks for the replies!
  6. Angel6801

Angel6801 New Member

beckula was right about the acne free. My acnes started to break out more when i hit 18 and until now. But then I was on BC and my acnes seems to be disapper, but I stopped taking it cuz it makes my headaches worse so my face starts to break out more than used to. My sister has acne free products and works great on her, and i just start it and it seems to start to work... It won't hurt to find. I think it was about 15 bucks and you can find it at walmart.