ActivatorChiropractic treatment

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockgor, Sep 7, 2008.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Have any of you been to a chiropractor who used an activator to adjust your spine?

The activator looks like a big hypodermic needle. It's sort of like using a little hammer to push vertebra back into place.

I had a treatment a week ago and felt better afterwards, but now it feels like the effects are wearing off. I am wondering if anyone has had good results w/ this gadget over a long period of time.

2. pasara

pasara New Member

yes, the activator is a common chiropractic tool. they are considered very safe and much more gentle than standard manual adjustments. they are adjustable, as far as how much force is applied, and the doctor can use them to get at specific areas more precisely. they also are good for people who are more sensitive (physically and/or emotionally) or who are anxious about chiropractic adjustments.

as far as wearing off, in general my experience has been that several adjustments are needed for a couple of reasons. One is that you are not just adjusting things but sort of retraining your body. so it is common for your body to slip back out of adjustment, when muscles are not yet prepared to keep things in alignment. two, my experience also is that for some conditions to get the most out of chiropractic treatment it should go hand in hand with soft tissue work, via massage, osteopathy, and/or therapeutic exercises.

after several treatments your body will hold your adjustment longer, and need to go less frequently, and depending on your condition, eventually no longer need adjustments regularly.

i have a great chiropractor and would be a mess without him!
    hope it can be as helpful for you!
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I suppose if necessary I could always go to the old-fashioned dr one month and the industrial revolution guy the next.

I found a site where the Activator is on sale for $140. My first thought was, how would I manage to do my own back. Have to come over to your place, Jam so we could do each other.

Thanks for the encouraging words, Psara. I saw a Mr Magoo cartoon on Youtube the other day. Imagine what would happen if he got near your back. He'd pick up a stapler or a nail gun.

You know Jim Backus only got into show biz when he realized he couldn't afford to go to chiropractic school. He felt w/ his name fate intended him to treat backs.

4. pasara

pasara New Member

an activator is a medical device that requires specific training. it is not something you can use to self-treat.

as for mr magoo, i think the mainstream medical cabal is headed by mr magoo, isn't it?