actress Parker Posey-Lyme

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 3gs, Aug 26, 2009.

1. 3gs

3gs New Member

She just dropped out of play due to being diagnosed with Lyme disease.

Hopefully this will bring some attention to this disease and maybe ME/CFS. since there seems to be a large crossover.
  2. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I just came back from the new Endo, and he had zero clue about advanced Lyme disease. He even went so far as to tell me that he has personally been diagnosed with it and was given antibiotics and he feels just wonderful. He said, we're all Lyme, but we get on with our lives. BULLLLLLL!

I am in so much pain from the Lyme arthritis in my lower back and hips, I just want to die. I was bit as a child and was not treated. I suffer horrible from a million symptoms from the advanced Lyme. This jerk had no clue.

He was one of the worst doctors I have ever been to. I could go on and on about how bad the visit was. He knew nothing and basically wasted my time and the twenty dollar copay.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/27/2009]
  3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

So sorry that you had a wasted visit with a clueless Dr....not surprising.

Have you seen a good LLMD who follows ILADS guidelines for treating Lyme and associated coinfections? is a great place for help. They have great boards....Medical Questions, Seeking a Doctor, Activism, General Support, ect.

Any non-LLMD will be just as clueless. You deserve better.
  4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I think what the doctor was saying is that if you are still sick after an appropriate amount of antibiotics, you still have FM.

He probably had Lyme by IDSA standards.

Nanie, Perhaps move this over to the Lyme board?