Acupuncture - Anyone Tried?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SusanEU, Apr 21, 2009.

1. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Hi all. My son has had sinus problems for years, and his chiropractor suggested acupuncture. He didn't really believe it, but thought he'd give it a try. Well, that night he slept better than he had for a very long time, and amazingly his sinuses had improved 100%!

Now, I'm thinking of trying it for the fibro. Has anyone had any luck with this.

Sue in Ontario
  2. greatgran

greatgran Member

Hi Sue, so glad it helped your son. I sure need to give it a try for my sinuses and everything else. I have heard it really helps but since I would have to travel around 200 miles to have it don't guess I will ever get to it. If it is available to you I would certainly give it a try, don't see how it could hurt. Hope you get some good advice.

3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I had several acupuncture treatments for CFS about 20-some years ago. They
    cost $70 @ (probably over $100 in today's money) and were totally worthless.

The needle poker claimed he had cured his wife of CFS, but he didn't convince me.

When I was a kid, my mother used to see the chiropractor for her sinus problems.
    He charged $3 and gave her temporary relief. The doctors at the Mayo Clinic couldn't
    really do anything.

Hope your son finds some help.

4. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

Did wonders for me. But it wasn't just the acupuncture that helped, it was the combination of acupuncture, massage therapy and supplements from my acupuncturist that did it. But it only helped muscle tension for me, not the pain or the fatigue. When I started with the acupuncture I was 23 and couldn't even bend over to touch my knees because my body was so bound up with tension. Big thing about acupuncture is you want to make sure you get someone who has truly studied the whole picture of acupuncture. My acupuncturist went to school for it as long as an MD attends school and she spent some of that time in Asian countries studying with the experts. I think that had a lot to do with it helping. She understood the full balance of the body and the concept of natural balance and healing. Makes a big difference in this field.

good luck
  5. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

acupuncture and massage therapy does make sense. I've not had either one but sure willing to try this combination.

I had no idea acupuncture could help sinues and such.
    Good post, very helpful.

6. deserella

deserella Member

I did acupuncture last year for about 6 months. I had very bad leg pains, possibly neuropathy related but I'm not sure. It did wonders for me. My doctor said there have been studies that acupuncture helps nerve pain. I don't think it really helped with my energy or other problems, just the pain issures mainly. Good luck :)