Acupuncture anyone ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by loreha, Jan 11, 2006.

1. loreha

loreha New Member

After all else failed, I'm inclined to try acupuncture.
    I'm sure that some of you have tried it, and I would very much appreciate your response (negative and (maybe) positive. Thank you !

Lore
  2. skierchik

skierchik New Member

Works really well for me.

I've been having it done for several years now because of car accidents, CFS, diabetes, Hashimotos. Helps to balance your yin vs yang. It will give you short term energy, but long term healing. It takes time though.

I see a chinese doctor in my town. She's very well known here. People come from all over to see her. She treats alot of cancer patients too.

She gives me some nasty chinese herbs to boil down and drink for 3 days. For the last several months, I haven't had to do it. She lets me do my ionic foot detoxes in place of it. I may have to go back to the herbs at some point. They taste so bad, so I don't bring the subject up...know what I mean??

She brought my liver and kidney function from 30% which is when I was very ill...to 55% so far. It's a big commitment though. It's taken me one and a half years to get to this point. She also talks about diet and tells you what you should and should not eat.

I highly recommend it. Find a very experienced one, preferrably chinese.

Good luck and hope this helps.

skierchik
  3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I did it for years through the 80's & some of the 90's. I found it very helpful, but had to do it continuously.

All depends on the acupuncturist as well. Like Dr.'s, some are good; others not worth going to.

Just got tired of the needles & having to go so often.

LIGHT*********carole
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

It has worked well for me. It helps the pain and helps me to relax. I do get it fairly regularly.

Kathy.
  5. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I'm on my fourth week, nothing drastic, I have a little more energy the day I have it done. Definately more relaxed, less worrisome.

Definately find a good doctor. Mine was gone last week, his replacement made me worse!!

It is expensive though. Not sure if it's worth the money if it only helps that day.

He's given me herbs and tea as well!
  6. amejia

amejia New Member

But as said before you REALLY need to check them out. Mine has 3 "degrees" in trad. chinese med. She is from Canada, i guess up there it is very common and they are more opem to it. SHe hasn't really helped with my bad lower back pain, but my energy level is so much better and I just feel overall better. Unfortunatley money has been a problem for me latley so I haven't seen her in a while but I do plan on going back as soon as I can.

I would say at least to try it. She told me when I first went that it doens't work for everybody. She said once weekly for an hour and if after 3/4 sessions if I dont see any results then I wont and move on to something else. If you can find one that does herbs also that can be very helpful.

Ang