Acupuncture, Check it Out

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by jaminhealth, Sep 7, 2012.

1. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

yesterday, back of hamstrings and calves...doc probably puts 30-40 needles in the areas each time I go in.

She said people in china go just about every day until they are helped or cured of their issues....

She also gave me an injection of cortisone in left bursa area of great trocanter area....I'm getting a bit concerned as I'm getting pain in that area now....dammmmmmmmmmm....
  2. jaminhealth

and feeling more POSITIVE about this work. Found some very good sites on Acupuncture and Spinal Stenosis and I'm finding it's working for the SS I've been so miserable with since my replacement.....

Breathing a good sigh of relief......
    [This Message was Edited on 11/24/2012]
  3. jaminhealth

from a Senior Center here in our town and they are offering FREE acupuncture treatments for senior members there on Thursdays....one of the learning schools is donating their time and work to the center for seniors...

Pretty nice to hear this...I'm sticking with my rheumy as she has been a valuable asset to me....
  4. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

It didn't seem to be helping in my neck the way it had. Pain started up about 5 hrs. after needles in my neck, so I asked her NOT to put in my neck this time because I was wondering if needles were aggrivating the muscles.

I was highly tense on monday (she said she could feel the anxiety) so she put in my hands this time, along with my legs and shoulders. After 30 min. I was so relaxed I didn't think I could drive home! Yesterday I was STILL very calm and very, very little pain. Now I'm wondering if just getting needles to help my body relax will help the pain.
  5. jaminhealth

but today I may get a good dose of Meso injections, it's been 2 months since my last dose of these homeopathic inejctions. We'll see how it goes.

I get tense as laying on my stomach is not my best position, I NEVER lay on stomach at home, so it's a bit tensing for me, hurts my chest, laying there....have to put a big pillow under me, but still uncomfortable.
  6. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

So we deal with it by me sitting. For awhile I was taking in my own chair at the right height, but then she bought a bar type chair and I use a foot stool. I had been hugging a large pillow in front of me so I could rest my head....I have tremors. There's no way I could lay on my stomach. It would totally put my shoulders and arms out of socket.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/12/2012]
  7. jaminhealth

it had been 2 months since I had a series, so it was time. Before I started on acupuncture, I had done Meso most of 2011, then did PT for IT band damage and then started with acupuncture mid 2012....

Meso contains Traumeel, B12 and Procaine in the solution. My rheumy specializes in the Meso treatments. The treatment is usually about 50 or more quick jabs at specific areas of the body, for me it's mostly lower back, hamstrings, calves, shoulders and hip areas.

When I go in and talk about all the pain, she reminds me how horrible I was when I started seeing her in early 2011...there were times I could hardly walk....this was after the hip replacement, 5 months post op. What a mess it's been.

Next two weeks will be acupuncture again. jam
    [This Message was Edited on 12/12/2012]
  8. adelaine041

adelaine041 Member

Acupuncture is a complete medical system that is used to diagnose and treat illness, prevent disease and improve well-being. It is effective for physical, psychological and emotional problems.