Acupuncture, is it worth it.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrmadd, May 13, 2003.

1. mrmadd

mrmadd New Member

I am 21 years old and have had cfs for about 2 years. It has gotten better. Recently I have been investigating acupuncture were I was told it would cost a good deal of money, $280, for two week treatment, but that this treatment, with herbs, would be very benificial. I was wondering if anyone had tried this and found success before I go spending my money. Thanks W.
  2. mitch123

mitch123 New Member

That sounds pricey to me. I don't think much can be done in 2 weeks?
    I go to acupuncture 2x a week at $25 (new zealand dollars) a session, I have been going for 6 months, improvement is slow but i am getting better. I have gone from being bedridden to walking an hour a day and almost ready to work part time. I haven't been able to tolerate the herbs ( they can be expensive).
    Acupuncture is also great for dealing with the side effects of medications.
    Hope this helps.
    mitch
  3. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Yes, I have tried it--when in horrific pain w/ FM (I also have CFS). It eased the pain for only a few hours then it comes back full tilt for me. I had acupunture w/electric stimulus, and also from the same practioner, another treatment which takes large round glass globes, that are a vacumn. These are placed all over your body, and pull blood to the surface, increasing circulation. It actually leaves "hickies" about 2-3 in circular patterns where they were placed. As I said...I just got a little short relief from it. Neither reduced my severe fatigue.
    Best wishes,
    LL