Acupuncture

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Simoriah, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Simoriah

Simoriah New Member

I am going to start with acupuncture next week to help relieve the FM symptoms. I am going to fight this flare with everything I've got! It has started to rear it's ugly head and the way things are going I am afraid it will be one of the worst flares I have ever had! I will beat this one by golly!

Between the meds, the supplements, the chiro and the acupuncture I will either be pain free or insane - lol.

Sim
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

It is the best, at least for me. It helps with pain and can be very relaxing.I get different things from it with each treatment. I have almost always felt better afterwards.

I hope it helps.

Kathy.
  3. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Good for you Sim, you've got the right attitude.

Go for it. Everything combined will help

Cindy
  4. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

after battling this illness for almost 2 years now, acupuncture remains the best thing i've done for myself. the most amazing differences for me we're in the realm of immune support. we take so many supplements to control yeast, food allergies, viral symptoms, etc., and i have to say, that was all a thing of the past for me when i was receiving regular acupuncture treatments. i got greedy though and felt i could do more for my fatigue and pain, so i stopped going and went to war with my body, tweaking hormones, killing yeast and viruses, and making myself sick as a dog. KILLING doesn't work, for me at least. to regain our health, we have to help our body get back to a point where it can handle all this stuff on its own. so i'm going back to acupuncture. my acupuncturist is my physician, masseuese (tui-na), and psycho-therapist all rolled up into one, and it's all completely natural and non-invasive. if i pay upfront at the beginning of the month ($250), she gets me in twice a week. it's a drop in the bucket compared to money i've spent elsewhere only to relapse.

i hope it provides the same benefits for you!

eddie
  5. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

me a lot. I have tried several practitioners until I found a person that really helps me. Different sessions she works on different issues, depending on my needs. Sometimes I find it gives me more energy (and anything that can do that is great!). Other times it reduces pain, or detoxes my liver, or gives me relief from TMJ. Often it elevates my mood.

Also, she has given me some sleep medication that really helps, and for quite awhile I was getting ear needles that I went home with (they were very tiny and did not hurt) to help me sleep better.

I go about once every 3 weeks because my insurance will only cover 16 visits. If I could afford more, I would go more often.

Sure hope the acupuncture helps you feel lots better soon.
    Hopeful4