Acupuncture

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by namow, Dec 9, 2002.

1. namow

namow New Member

Hello everyone!
    I have a question about acupuncture, I wonder how many of you have had any treatment and if it did help or not. I'm considering it but not sure yet.

Namow
  2. namow

namow New Member

Hello everyone!
    I have a question about acupuncture, I wonder how many of you have had any treatment and if it did help or not. I'm considering it but not sure yet.

Namow
  3. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

I have had some limited success with it. I use it only when I'm in a flare; I have an appointment Wednesday.

Annette
  4. fibolady

fibolady New Member

i spent a small fortune on this attempt to "cure" me. didn't work, just emptied my pocketbook. it did however, help with some scar tissue i had that was causing back pain. i kept going thinking it would help the fms. i think it helps more with a specific problem and ours is too widespread (like all over!)

warm regards, fibolady
  5. selma

selma New Member

I tried it- didn't work. Good luck. Love, Selma
  6. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I guess it depends on why you are having the treatments and who is doing them to be honest.... I think there are several techniques these days and what I acutally have is acupuncture with needles and* electrical stimulation to meridans on acupoints... the meridan thing applies to chinese medicine principles... anyway, I first started it for extreme fatigue where I could no longer function... I had been ill with an upper resp infection too.... well it took care of that and more... its about 57 bucks a pop.... out of your pocket... I've also had great results with it helping me regain my voice after throat surgery this year and also with easing a very irritable diaphragm.... so tht's my opinion and I'd certainly say try it... It also makes me sleep the entire treatment and I feel better after it immediately that day .... however the next day sometimes I don;t feel as well but the following day I'm usually better.... Good luck!