acupuncturist in the California bay area

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by woppini, May 30, 2008.

1. woppini

woppini New Member

Anyone have any recommondations? Saw only 2 on the cfs/fibro good doctor list. Would appreciate any info anyone could shed my way. Contra costa county is preferable, but willing to travel a bit if thats what it takes to find a good one. Thanks everyone. Strength to all of us.
  2. pasara

pasara New Member

good luck finding someone woppini! i'm not from your area, but have a few ideas where to begin looking.

if no one has any recommendations, i would talk to respected practitioners in other alternative therapies and see if the same name comes up a couple times. if no one you know sees an acupuncturist, maybe they see a homeopath or a massage person they trust who could refer you. Another place to ask around are herb stores or natural foods stores.

also you could try calling the Waldorf schools in your area (there is the East Bay Waldorf School in El Sobrante, the Marin WS in San Rafael and the San Francisco
    Waldorf school) and see if they have some names. A lot of parents and teachers in these communities use alternative health practicioners, and many keep a referral list. Especially the "remedial" or "extra lesson" teacher might be of help.

once you get a couple names then you need to see if this is the person for YOU. there are several good articles online that give you tips on what to ask. Google "how to choose an acupuncturist" and you will find some good ones.

Hope this helps!
  3. landra

landra New Member

There is (or was) an accupuncture school in Oakland. when I lived out there, I used them, and was satisfied with their services. And they cost a LOT less!
  4. woppini

woppini New Member

Thank you, i'll look into the suggestions, and see what comes up