acute [injury] pains are LESS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Svette_Palme, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Svette_Palme

Svette_Palme New Member

I am wondering if anyone else here has noticed that when we fibros get an injury, something that should hurt a lot, that it DOESN'T hurt very much??

So weird, our "fibro lives"!! So many places in my body hurts for "no good reason" and then what should hurt barely bothers me....

Maybe it is because we are so used to pain, or that the pain system is too busy with the chronic pains to bother with sending new pain signals?

What happened is that I got attacked by a crazy person who hit me on the arm twice with a hammer. Really. He hit me hard, and it would have broken the bone if it hit the elbow, but it got me on the back of the forearm. Its all bruising up and I could not close my fist for the first day, but the pain at the site of the impact was not bad at all... in fact, I was noticing that my usual "fibro" leg pains were bothering me more than where the hammer hit me.

God forbid anyone else will have to go through this stuff, but IF you have been injured, have you ever thought the pains from that were "not so bad" ??
  2. akandmk

akandmk New Member

for me the pains seem more. I was burned the other day and let me tell you it hurt twice as bad as it would've prefibro days. Perhaps there is something going on with your nerves?