ADA will help with discrimination on the job?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gcubed, Aug 3, 2008.

  1. gcubed

    gcubed New Member

    Is there a national hotline you can call or do you have to call every attorney in the phone book? Pleae provide some info!

    [This Message was Edited on 08/03/2008]
  2. Khalyal

    Khalyal New Member

    ADA is the Americans with Disabilities Act. It is a civil rights law that prohibits discrimination against employees with disabilities. If you feel you have been discriminated against because of your disability, you need to seek out an attorney who works ADA cases.

    Best of luck.
  3. lillieblake

    lillieblake New Member

    Actually, you can file a complaint without the use of an attorney.

    Call your local ADA office and make an appointment with them. If it is too far away, you can probably file your complaint by phone.

    In that case I would make sure to have it written out so that you don't say something you don't want to.

    Good Luck, Lillie

[ advertisement ]