Add On A Prayer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by billiegail, Oct 12, 2004.

1. billiegail

billiegail New Member

I use to be a part of a group that had a "Add on a prayer" and it was neat. I thought we might try that here. The prayer is started out with the Lord's Prayer and everyone just continues to pray, adding prayer for anyone that needs it and even adding more prayers from the bible.
    It can get very long, but worth it.
    You can post any length prayer, for anyone, and as many times as you want to post.
    God bless you, each and all.

Psa 23:1 [[A Psalm of David.]] The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.

Psa 23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

Psa 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Psa 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Psa 23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Psa 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
  2. Trishgray

Trishgray New Member

Your Attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus..
  3. booboo56

booboo56 New Member

Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, For in You do I trust;

Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, for I lift up my soul to You.

Teach me to do Your will, for you are my God; Your Spirit is good. Lead me in the land of uprightness.

Hugs,
    Joan
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

O Lord... how majestic is your name in all the earth.
  5. dash

dash New Member

Ps 34:1-9
    1 I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.

2 My soul shall make its boast in the LORD; the humble shall hear it and rejoice.

3 O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His name together.

4 I sought the LORD, and He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears.

5 They looked to Him and were radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed.

6 This poor man cried and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.

7 The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear Him, and rescues them.

8 O taste and see that the LORD is good; how blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!

9 O fear the LORD, you His saints; for to those who fear Him, there is no want.
    (NAS)

6. Lupian

Lupian New Member

that we live in time and a place that permits us to pray openly, even on the internet, to pray for each other and to bring our needs for prayer into cyberspace this way. Father God, we praise You for all You have done, are doing, and will do. Father, touch those here who have needs in their bodies - lift their pain away and give peace and gratitude in its place. For those who are frightened, bring security and contentment. For those who are lonely, reminders of the continuing presence of the Holy Spirit. Lord, we praise You and thank You for being who You are, and for loving and caring for us in every moment, every circumstance. Thank You, Lord, for the privilege of prayer. In the precious and mighty Name of Jesus, our Lord. Amen
  7. booboo56

booboo56 New Member

hi,

Calling to the crowd to join His disciples, He (Jesus) said, "Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You're not in the driver's seat; I am. Don't run from suffering; embrace it. Follow Me and I'll show you how.

Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, My way, to saving yourself, your true self.

What good would it do to get everything you want and lose you, the real you?

What could you ever trade your soul for?

If anyone of you are embarrassed over Me and the way I'm leading you when you get around your fickle and unfocused friends,

know that you'll be an even greater embarrassment to the Son of Man when He arrives in all the splendor of God,

His Father, with an army of the holy angels."

Mark 8: 34-38 (The Message)

Hugs & Prayers,
    Joan