Added pic of new Granddaughter born 10/17/07

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by meash, Nov 9, 2007.

1. meash

meash New Member

Hello everyone, just wanted to share a picture of my newest granddaughter Lorien who was born on October 17th of this year. She is wearing the dress my daughter worn home from the hospital in September 1984. Hope you all enjoy
    Mimi Mary
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

OH! Congratulations! To you and Daughter! Sweet Baby! love her little Dress too!,,,,No Grandbabies yet on this end but Hopeing soon!,,,,,,,,,,,,s
  3. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

What a sweet blessing!

4. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

What a beautiful granddaughter. She is a blessing. Congrats to the proud grandma and family.
  5. meash

meash New Member

Yes she will also wear the christmas dress her Mom wore for her first Christmas and the dress she wore when dedicated at our church, so she will have lots of pictures in outfits worn by her Mommy. Thank you so much, she is just such a blessing.
  6. meash

meash New Member

she will also wear her Mommy's first Christmas dress this year (Her Mommy was born in September so they are about the same size at the same age) it is so wonderful to see my Granddaughter in her Mom's special outfits. Thank you again so much.
  7. meash

meash New Member

Thanks to everyone on the special wishes for my new Grandbaby. She is such a special blessing. I have 4 other older (step) Grandchildren that I adore and love to pieces, but this little one is my first biological Grandchild and to have her is a blessing indeed since my daughter is the miracle baby I was told I would never have. So to have her and then witness her give birth to this beautiful baby is the best gift I could of received. God is Good....All The Time.
    Yes, truly a blessing from God indeed. I am the most Thankful Grandma alive. LOL
  8. kjade

kjade New Member

What a BEAUTIFUL new baby - a little cherub! I just LOVE newborn babies - I would have 10 kids if they didn't grow up so fast! (lol) Enjoy her now as much as possible. Cherish holding her and staring into her eyes and playing with her little fingers and toes! Before you know it, she will be running around and telling you "no"!

Hey, my mother also gave me the dress I wore home from the hospital! It was very special. We have also passed the Christening gown from when my mother was a baby. All my children wore that gown in addition to all of my aunts/uncles/cousins and their babies.

Congrats on the addition to your family!
  9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

What an adorable granddaughter. I have one of those but she is almost 14 now plus 7 grandsons. How neat that she can also where the same dress as your daughter.

Enjoy her while she is so young and sweet and cuddly ! They grow up much to fast. My granddaugahater iw almost 14 going on 25, if you know what I mean.

Congradulations on your new granddaughter and to your daughter to. Enjoy them both. Hope they live closeby to you.
    Mone are not that close anymore.

10. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

How do you pronouce her name - is is pronounced like Loren or Loreen . I have a daughter Lori and a good friend of mine's name was Laurene(pronounced Loreen) but I called her Laurie anyway. It is a different spelling.

11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

What a beautiful little girl. I'm so happy for you and your family.

Love, Mikie
  12. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I love little girls!!! Enjoy!

13. meash

meash New Member

of both her Mom and Dad...I can see my daughter in her, but she also looks like a baby picture of her father. Her long fingers and her feet are her Mom. She is just wonderful and her behavior so far is so much like her Mom...she is such a good baby, only crys when hungry or tired. She really does not seem to care what shape her diapers are in though...HAHA...she is very realaxed and content, but my daughter and her husband have the same personality so when Mom and Dad are relaxed and happy, so is baby. They do not live by me so I vannot wait til Thanksgiving to see her again. She is going to wear another dress that I saved of her Mom's...I just love seeig her in her Mom's clothing.
  14. meash

meash New Member

Her name is pronounced Lor-e-an (Lo'rien)I think I did that right. From the magical, mystical land of Lothlorien in J.R. Tolkien's The Lord of The Rings.

It is different, my daughter does not like to follow with what is the favorites, she likes to be her own person and her children will never have names off the top 100 list, that is for sure.

Thank you so much.