Addendum - I'm Moving!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, Apr 27, 2010.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

I've lived with my sister for about 10 months now. In that time frame, their dog has become MY dog. He is with me 24/7, seriously. He even sleeps with me! Alot of this attributes to the fact that I am at home about 95% of the time and its obvious that with me here all the time, he would bond with me as he has.

I have offered to take the dog and buy my sister another, but that hasnt worked.

I'm afraid that the dog will become depressed. Once I leave, nobody will be here. My sister works 50+ hours a week and her husband works 2 jobs. There wont be anyone here to give him the attention I have.

How do I make this transition better for this dog (and for me too, I will miss him terribly)!!

P.S. I do plan on visiting frequently.
  2. loto

loto Member

I wish your sister would let you keep that dog!

Seems like she would let you keep him since you've made that bond. I don't know what to do to make it better. I have 3 dogs and I don't know what I will do when they pass on. The bond gets so strong it's almost like your own child.

I hope you come up with a solution!

3. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

I wish your sister would let you have the dog as well. Barring that...would it be possible for you to have the dog during the day while she works and she could pick the dog up on her way home? Or you could deliver the dog once they got home? Other than that, I cant think of anything---sorry. Rebecca
  4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

The bond is really amazing and powerful isn't it?

I was going to suggest the same thing as Rebecca. Can the dog be with you part -time, like when he's going to be alone? That is so sad. You'd think your sister would want that for her dog. I'd LOVE it.

Dogs CAN get seriously depressed. It's one thing for you to leave, but it's another to be left alone all that time after that. I think there needs to be a schedule set up. I wouldn't think he could go from one extreme to another without suffering emotionally.