Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

I am having bloating and pain, so I had pelvic ultrasound

Indicated I had adenomyosis, doc said common for people with fibro

Anyone else have it?
  2. Iam1ShadyLady

Iam1ShadyLady New Member

And how does it show up? I have bloating in my lower abdomen, tender to the touch and pain in my left side that is unbearable at times and a CT scan showed nothing, with and without dye. I am looking for anything that can explain it cause it is making me feel crazy!!! I know the pain is real, it wakes me up at night if I roll over on my left side. Any info is aprreciated.

Did a google search, don't know if it's what's wrong with me or not. I feel sometimes I have more problems than a mathbook![This Message was Edited on 07/31/2008]
  3. Sharon

Sharon New Member

They found out that I had that when I had a hysterectomy-made my uterus twice the normal size. I had had awful cramps, bloating, etc.... for YEARS, but always kind of got blown off about it. When I had the ultrasound, they saw I had fibroids, cysts, etc., and decided that hysterectomy would be the best way for me to go. Think that its one of the best decisions I ever made!

4. Empower

Empower New Member

Adenomyosis is a condition in which tissue that normally lines the uterus (endometrium) also grows within the muscular walls of the uterus. This is most likely to happen late in your childbearing years and after you've had children.

Adenomyosis isn't the same as endometriosis — a condition in which the uterine lining becomes implanted outside the uterus — although women with adenomyosis often also have endometriosis. The cause of adenomyosis remains unknown, but the disease typically disappears after menopause. For women who experience severe discomfort from adenomyosis, there are treatments that can help, but hysterectomy is the only cure.

Although adenomyosis can be quite painful, the condition is generally harmless. Learn more about adenomyosis, including its signs and symptoms, when you should see a doctor and what the best treatment might be for you.